Sony Blu Ray Player BDP S300

Joe Shmoe

MAN! Anyone else own this player? Sheesh I might be acting a little impatient, but I am not at all impressed with the speed of this player. Everytime I turn it on I have to wait, then when you get a movie in, there's more waiting for the player to load it. I mean we are maybe only talking a few minutes each time..but I am so used to just popping in a movie and hitting play that this has kind of thrown me for a loop here. I guess I just expected more.

All BD players are slow (very slow) compared to DVD players, I first bought the Sony BDP-500 and returned it a week later for that reason and because it did not decode or pass Through DTS master audio. I got the pioneer Elite BDP-95FD it does it all and faster loading times, still not as fast as a DVD player.

All BD players are slow (very slow) compared to DVD players, I first bought the Sony BDP-500 and returned it a week later for that reason and because it did not decode or pass Through DTS master audio. I got the pioneer Elite BDP-95FD it does it all and faster loading times, still not as fast as a DVD player.

Unless you get a PS3. Incredibly quick boot-up and load times. [Y]

Unless you get a PS3. Incredibly quick boot-up and load times. Yes

Joe-did you consider the PS3? I picked one up in December and love it. However, if you start thinking about returning your player and exchanging it for the PS3 you may want to wait a few weeks. I read somewhere (I think it was indyklipschfan; could have been srobak too) that a newer PS3 is coming out fairly soon.

Naa...I had some guy come up to me when I was in line waiting to pay for the player. He wondered also why I didn't just buy a PS3. I haven't really been into video games in quite a while, when I do it's usually in the PC format. Also I wanted something to stick in my stereo rack... just a nice looking piece of equipment, not a game console. Theres just something that doesn't sit right with me playing movies through a game console.... don't get me wrong, I know it's a good system and works great, but I just don't care for the idea. Thanks for your input!