Paging mdeneen, or anyone else concerning a Blueberry.

nu2toobs

• Moderators

That is for sure a question you are going to want to ask Mark. Does it have the Cream option (MC phono input), if so there may not be much difference. I recall mark saying at some point that Cream option may be more difficult or not possible on early models, but that may have also been with reference to the peach. Of course the Extreame came out since then, with beefier power supply and upgraded caps, amoung other things, and you would have to ask Mark what is available in terms of an upgrade.

I would say if it has the cream option, or if you don't plan on using a turntable with a MC cart there is not going to be much difference. You will want to ask what tubes are with it. If they have upgraded tube this can be a significant bargin in itself, although the tubes that Mark supplys are just fine.

Wish I could be of more help.

Travis

• Moderators

Be sure to contact me direct for any assistance you need. For example, if you buy it, you can have it sent to me and I will throughly check it out for you for no charge and fix anything I find wrong. It's probably out of warranty, but that doesn't matter.

Goodness gracious sakes alive. The only other time I heard of that happening is when LarryC sent a pair of Klipschorn tops to the factory, they were 10 or so years old at the time I beleive, and they just switched everything out. I am not sure if he was original owner or not.

Travis

Hi---

The older units:

-Stereo/mono was on rear of unit

-No standby mode

-Used Hovlands caps (new ones use AuriCaps)

-Has 2uF output caps (new ones have 6uF)

-Has smaller power supply caps (new ones are about 2X)

-No Remote

Sonically, they sound very nice and not all that much different than the newer ones. The newer ones are improved in many ways of construction, reliability and so on, but the circuits are for the most part the same in important ways.

Be sure to contact me direct for any assistance you need. For example, if you buy it, you can have it sent to me and I will throughly check it out for you for no charge and fix anything I find wrong. It's probably out of warranty, but that doesn't matter.

Enjoy

Well, I bought it[:D] With service like this, how could I go wrong. As far as it missing a MC phono input, that isn't an issue to me. I prefer my K & K step up with a standard phono input.

Hey! That's great toobs! Be sure to take me up on the free tune up if you like. Also, any issues at all, contact me at 707-832-7363.

Enjoy!

Oh--what amp will you be using? 

That's a good question. I have my eye's on a used Mcallister pp150. If you have any suggestions for less than $1000, let me know. I'm also using Lascala's .

buy it, you can have it sent to me and I will throughly check it out for you for no charge and fix anything I find wrong. It's probably out of warranty, but that doesn't matter.

Enjoy

That's Juicy Music Audio for you. I don't know anybody else on the planet with this kind of customer care.

The only other time I heard of that happening is when LarryC sent a pair of Klipschorn tops to the factory, they were 10 or so years old at the time I beleive, and they just switched everything out. I am not sure if he was original owner or not.

Close, Travis -- they flush-mounted the tweeters but didn't find anything else wrong, and shipped them back at no charge.

Twenty years later, I discovered and removed the factory wood inserts in the bass horn throat (for a different woofer?) that had been causing the wierd frequency imbalance and blending problems that had pestered me for so long. Interesting how the Klipsch company and factory were a part of that quest over that whole length of time.

Hey! That's great toobs! Be sure to take me up on the free tune up if you like. Also, any issues at all, contact me at 707-832-7363.

Enjoy!

Oh--what amp will you be using? 

That's a good question. I have my eye's on a used Mcallister pp150. If you have any suggestions for less than $1000, let me know. I'm also using Lascala's .

Here the amp I HIGHLY recommend for $1000 used: The Pass Aleph 30. You simply will love the luscious and linear sound of this premium SS amp. I have recommended it to several customers and they all LOVE it to death. They come up frequently on Audiogon. Same as Volksamp.  

Is there a difference between the Aleph 30 and the Aleph 3?

• 2 weeks later...

I received the Blueberry and unfortunately the output jacks must have worked loose at one time with the previous owner. They were resoldered with damage to the board. I called Mark and he promptly told me to send it in and he would fix for free. Yes you heard it right, FREE!!! Now that's customer service! Especially since I wasn't the original owner, in fact I think I'm the third owner of this preamp. Now the wait to hear this beautiful piece of equipment is going to be tough [:)]

Hang in there... it's worth the wait. While he's got it have him put the Cream on there as well (if not there already). It's worth every penny and then some.

Mike

I'm already using Lundahl transformers that I'm quite happy with the results. Mark uses Jensen's which are very similar. Also I have Cinemag transformer setup that works nicely with the DL 103R I'm using.

Wow! Talk about service! Sounds like you can't go wrong with that.