60th Anniv. Clones

kevinmi

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice cabinetry there Kevin, splendid craftsmanship.

I like the way you painted the new backs and incorporated a black kickboard. The cutout that highlights the Jubilee logo is a nice finishing touch.

Tell us what network change you made and how you like it please!

Michael

I re-did the crossovers with a sonicap kit from Bob Crites. I compared the new one with the original, and I think I gained a little more clarity on the tweeter. Didn't really listen to the speakers much before I tore into them, so I can't really voice an accurate opinion on the changes, but I'm sure it is for the better.

post-28686-13819367020164_thumb.jpg

Some thoughts on this "clone project". I bought these speakers for $1400. I will probably have about $1700 in them when completed (only got one done so far). I did all this work with basic tools, circular and jig saws, 18v drill/driver, d/a sander. I don't even own a table saw, but it would have made the job a lot easier. I tried out the speaker, and the bass in great even with the speaker in the middle of the room. I would recommed that anyone who doesn't have corners to place their Khorns in do this enclosure. It's not that difficult or expensive, and the results are great. I know many Forum members have done this and are happy with the results. I hope my pics help out anyone who is contemplating doing this project themselves. Feel free to ask if you have questions.

Thanks, Kevin

post-28686-13819367025392_thumb.jpg

Some thoughts on this "clone project". I bought these speakers for $1400. I will probably have about $1700 in them when completed (only got one done so far). I did all this work with basic tools, circular and jig saws, 18v drill/driver, d/a sander. I don't even own a table saw, but it would have made the job a lot easier. I tried out the speaker, and the bass in great even with the speaker in the middle of the room. I would recommed that anyone who doesn't have corners to place their Khorns in do this enclosure. It's not that difficult or expensive, and the results are great. I know many Forum members have done this and are happy with the results. I hope my pics help out anyone who is contemplating doing this project themselves. Feel free to ask if you have questions.

Thanks, Kevin

Hey is that beer brewing on the table?