blue jeans cable responds to Monster threat (humor too)

tenntarheel

http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/blue-jeans-strikes-back

interesting especially this paragraph:

After graduating from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 1985, I spent nineteen years in litigation practice, with a focus upon federal litigation involving large damages and complex issues. My first seven years were spent primarily on the defense side, where I developed an intense frustration with insurance carriers who would settle meritless claims for nuisance value when the better long-term view would have been to fight against vexatious litigation as a matter of principle. In plaintiffs' practice, likewise, I was always a strong advocate of standing upon principle and taking cases all the way to judgment, even when substantial offers of settlement were on the table. I am "uncompromising" in the most literal sense of the word. If Monster Cable proceeds with litigation against me I will pursue the same merits-driven approach; I do not compromise with bullies and I would rather spend fifty thousand dollars on defense than give you a dollar of unmerited settlement funds. As for signing a licensing agreement for intellectual property which I have not infringed: that will not happen, under any circumstances, whether it makes economic sense or not.

good for them!

Guest srobak

Relax. I am. I was simply letting him know that while he made the same comment in another thread - someone else had also responded there - as it appeared he missed it. Geesh.

Guest srobak

While my intent with that post was simply to refer OB to a response that another user made to his similar post elsewhere - I'll say it again as well... "moderation" (aka "policing") requires ability to enforce. As I certainly have none in this forum - it is impossible for me (or anyone non-klipsch) to conduct any form of moderation.

Saying that "It is always better to contribute to an existing thread than to start a new one" is not moderation. It is a quote, and a statement of fact. That is all.

What response was that ? I didn't start any thread on this subject .... I do remember stating that MONSTER CABLE honored their warranty about wires turning green some 20+ years after I bought them, and they replaced them without proof of purchase, and they replaced them with a higher grade product, Pretty darn refreshing in this day and age. ...............

Both SOFT and HARD Ice Cream.

I also like good music. My favorite speaker cables are the ones connected to the speakers. The others lying around here and there don't really seem to make too big a difference in the sound unless you put a really big spool in front of a smallish speaker - seems to really screw up the sound.

Moderating huh? Can you do any tranquilizing? I'm starting to think I need that about now.