Heritage Codes comments...

colterphoto1

Here's an interesting tidbit I noticed on my 79Khorns-the description of the finish was changed. you can see the whiteout used on the labels. It reads KBOL, with the L written over the whiteout. I know that one of the speaker faces has something wrong with the grain in the veneer, and I wonder if they were originally oiled and didn't look right,and then laquered. Maybe they were just mislabeled and corrected.

post-28686-13819367949646_thumb.jpg

nope.

btw, check that Belle ad, shows the AB network with K55M 

I take this as a confirmation.....avoids me having to go thru a few rows of boxes.

Changes made, now "V1.2".

Changes are mostly corrections, couple of additions on wood types, and also a brief discussion ref: oiled vs laquer finish and laquer production source.

The "book"...... Right now, I'm still collecting more data and photographs. I would really like to have photos from forum members of the different drivers with the rare, old, unusual suffix codes. I have some, but mostly of the most common ones from my own speakers and from "publicly available" photos. When I was at the Museum in Hope couple years ago I took a ton of photos, but did not "touch" the exhibits (as in turn them around to look at the backs).

Next anticipated big addition I am looking at are the Industrial/ Professional type & option codes.

With the kind assistance of the Klipsch folks, Mark Kauffman, Jim Hunter, Amy Unger (especially in getting the text to post in a readable form!!), and Mike Colter, the following additions have been made.

• Additional wood code corrections.
  • Stain vs lacquer comments
  • Additional driver details
  • Heritage "time lines"; these show the history of the speaker type from the time of introduction to the present. The information also generally indicates driver changes, etc.

5. A formatted version of the document in pdf format as an attachment with "formatting codes", suitable for printing....

Would like to see on this thread: Photographs of drivers and crossovers.... We do need some good pictures (better than mine.... I'm just photo impaired these days....) of the backs of drivers that show the driver manufacturer codes, particularly earlier or rarely seen drivers; and serial number "stickers", particularly early ones in which the "sticker" was labelled for that model.

Again, I appreciate all of the kind comments from everyone, and hope the document is of assistance in "figuring out the what and when" for folks who are looking at obtaining vintage Heritage speakers.

• 1 month later...