o.t. kodak slide trays

just wondering if anyone here has any stuffed in a closet, i bought a projector with a da-lite screen from the early 60's

works great but it takes the trays that are stright not round.

if you have some or want to get rid of one

just checkng,none on e-bay

Wow, that's gotta be really rare. I had slides and Kodak projectors going way back then, but never heard of Kodak straight trays and projectors. I guess you're sure it's not another brand like Sawyer? Can't help, sorry.

I have two carousels and a few of the round trays that go with them (hence the name 'carousel'). I have a Leica 2 1/4 projector, that uses straight trays, and want to get some trays for it that will hold 35mm as well.

Bruce

I think I know what you're talking about.

The big change was to the Kodak plastic Carrousel (sp) round magazine. It was advertised as "dependable as gravity." The slides would drop down into the projector Maybe mid 1960s

But before that there was a projector made by Scott? It used a magazine for slides a bit over 2" x 2" x 10" overall which held about 36 slides. That was typical roll of Kodachrome. In some instances the cardboard frame were put in a sheetmetal frames. The magazine was positioned at the side of the projector structure and a manually operated mechanism would push them into light source and lense system. Then eject them back and advance the magazine.

It was cranky and would jam. The intricacy of the mechanism reminded me of a primitive repeater rifle.

If this is what you're talking about I'll dig around.

Gil

Bruce, do you have medium-format slides? I dreamed of that once but never went that route. They must be impressive!

Not coming to the Pilgrimage this year?

Larry

Unfortunately, I can't make it to the pilgrimage. My youngest son, who attended with me last year, is leaving with the Valparaiso University Orchestra (he is principle trumpet), headed to Vienna and other points. That has taken most of the money for the year, and I still plan on meeting my girlfriend in Ireland in August.

I have some medium format slides, but they aren't mine. The projector was one the school was getting rid of. They aren't too interested in the old technology. I ma going to check and see what other slides they may still have hiding around the place. I just couldn't pass up the Leica glass.

Bruce