Thorens TD 124

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike and Gary, I've got a question.

Where do you route the power cord and the tonearm cords through your plinths? Mike, nice cherry blintz, oops, cherry plinth!

Where do you route the power cord and the tonearm cords through your plinths? Mike, nice cherry blintz, oops, cherry plinth!

Power cord thru the motor hole, and the tonearm cord thru the big hole on the right. BTW, I like my blintzes with blueberries... not cherries. [:D]

Mike

post-6388-13819373889722_thumb.jpg

Mike and Gary, I've got a question.

I assume I do the same as Mike. If you're asking if there are any cutouts, the answer is no. There is a gap at the bottom of the plinth from the attached rubber feet giving enough room for the cords to easily fit out the back of the unit, underneath the plinth.

When Allan shipped mine, he sent with it a quart of Mobile 1 synthetic oil, apparantly the preferred lubricant for the 124s. I've been meaning to check the dipstick to see if I need an oil change but it still seems to spin just fine. I suppose I'll get to it soon though just to be safe. Mine takes about 5 minutes to reach the correct speed. Not uncommon for this table. Allan's takes about 15 minutes I think. My ears really can't tell the difference though

Hi, my name is Bill and I used to own a pair of TD-124's.

My 1200's don't need Mobil 1. They don't take 15 minutes, or 5 minutes, to attain accurate speed.

What can I do to bring my stuff up to snuff?

First of all, Gary did not ask any questions in his post, so not sure what question you are referring to. Secondly, it appears you reconsidered your childish remark and somehow deleted your post, unless this was something done by Amy for the betterment of the thread.

Mike

Edit: Bill's original post just suddenly appeared above this one. Strange goings on for a Tuesday morning. [:D]

• Moderators

Bill,

I requested politely and privately. Now I'm asking politely and publically. This is not an attack on you, it is simply a request.

Please do not ridicule posts by other members. Stick to the original topic, and offer useful comments. That is the purpose of this forum.

Obviously, off-topic comments and personal remarks are not scrutinized at every level, but I'm beginning to see a pattern in your case that I find disconcerting and disruptive.

Thank you.

Good eye Amy and what makes you one of our fav mods[;)]

I too caught drift of the same sarcasm/rudeness from the fella from Penn (obviously not from the city of Brotherly Love[:o]) but more along the lines of a true Philly fan during the Braves playoff games[6]

309 post and the respect of LA thug, one does not last long when not welcomed. So far your contribution is you think the 1200 is God's gift to the analog world. Good for you but everyone is entitled to their own opinion as long as done tactfully

Oh and for the record BC the SL-23 is the best table ever built[:P] LOL Respect being a two way street often requires some to get some[:|]

post-18681-13819373890852_thumb.jpg

Bill,

I requested politely and privately. Now I'm asking politely and publically. This is not an attack on you, it is simply a request.

Please do not ridicule posts by other members. Stick to the original topic, and offer useful comments. That is the purpose of this forum.

Obviously, off-topic comments and personal remarks are not scrutinized at every level, but I'm beginning to see a pattern in your case that I find disconcerting and disruptive.

Thank you.

Funny, I missed that memo.

I never saw anything, PRIVATELY OR PUBLICLY to me that said I had to ignore unintentional humor posing as santimonious stupidity.

I thought that a quart of Mobil 1 was kinda humorous. Did you? The fact that a turntable took 5 to 15 minutes to come up to speed was funny also. What did you think? Then the poster said he couldn't tell the difference in speed. Seemed awful funny to me. So I quoted it.

I guess a more acceptable response would be to refer to the poster as "ahole", "thug" and post pics that purport to be them. Funny stuff....

You want to send me a message? Shoot me an email.

• Moderators

When I deleted your post, and email was automatically sent to you with an explanation and request. It goes to the email address that is registered with this forum.

Thanks