Any guesses where I am?

mungkiman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris:

The Eastern Provice where you were is so different in terms of topography from the mountains of Soutwestern Saudi Arabia. I wish could post the pictures I took in the Asir Highlands during a backpacking trip a friend and I went on when in high school. We flew from Dhahran to Abha, and from there hitched rides up into the mountains. It is comparatively green and cool; almost as if it were another country altogether. It sometimes rained in the afternoons and night, and, without a tent, we wrapped ourselves up in the shower curtains we brought for makeshift shelter/ground cloth/source of shade. We went mainly to try to find the wild baboons that live in the mountains.

Towns and cities there are fascinating; but the desert is what I miss so much about the place I still refer to as 'home.'

Erik

We went mainly to try to find the wild baboons that live in the mountains.

Little did you know, you only needed to come to the Klipsch forums...[;)]
Awesome stories, Erik. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Awesome trip. I am just north of saudi in that place where it sucks to live...bombs and what not. Anyway, I can say that I will miss the desert, something about the landscape here is weirdly appealing. I have been all over this region, I have flown over or seen every country in the middle east, but I havent had dinner with the King. I am glad that you had such an awesome trip, that must be amazing to see it all from that point of view. I still wish gas cost 1.00 instead of the 4.00 we are all paying but hey what are we going to do. Anyway, thanks for sharing your time and photos, what a trip for all of us to share here.

Droopy

Oh yeah, when i was in Qatar, their crossing signs have dudes with the whole Dhirkas on, you know the dresses these guys wear? Pretty funny to see that. I was going to guess that you were somewhere over here too, I just found this forum post today though. MBC...yeah you wont be seeing that at home. We get it here though, and it is like NBC, but not.... What is really funny about their commercials here is how everyone doesnt dress like you would think, most people are westernized and they are shown looking like us and living in houses like we do. All happy little families, which you wouldnt guess from our stereotypes at home. Nice work!

Droopy