RF-7 question

InVeNtOr

this may be a dumb question but if i manage to get some rf-7's should i buy the rc-7 also? is there a better center channel to get? or is matching them the best idea? another crazy question, but do the rs-7's have a port? i assume they don't but since i have never seen them, i don't know.

I run my RF-7's large for 2ch with the sub off. For HT, I run them small with the THX crossover at 80 HZ. I assumed (bad habit) that the OP was referring to HT.

Sure, but he might still listen to stereo music on the system, like you, without a sub. The impedence dip matters for sure then.

Someone will likely tell us at what frequency the dip occurs, usually it's fairly low and might be avoided by cutting to a sub.

Anyway, we're all only trying to help...

this may be a dumb question but if i manage to get some rf-7's should i buy the rc-7 also? is there a better center channel to get? or is matching them the best idea? another crazy question, but do the rs-7's have a port? i assume they don't but since i have never seen them, i don't know.

Get RC-7! There is no better center as far as the RF-7s are concerned.

Yes, the RS-7s are ported (they are on the sides just below the horns).

if this helps, i rearly listen to music, no matter what speakers i have. the 2 disks i have are Cast in Bronze and Blue Man Group, both are 5.1 anyway. i am looking at getting the rf-7's because i am under the impression they are awesome HT speakers. i don't see me being able to get them because everythime i see some available they go for around $1700 for the pair.

"you have to pay to play!"

i saw this ad go up on ebay yeaterday and i got all excited....then someone decided to bid, and he wasn't messing around. the other guy is a little off on his opening bid. then again, if you check out his other items, he is selling his Viper....lol much be a day trader...lol

ebay

The $1400 opening bid is a proxy bid, someone who wont be able to access a computer when the auction comes down. Winning bidder at this point looks to be sellers friend, running up the price. Anyone with over 150 feedback should know better than to run up the price early if they really want to win the item and not overpay!

"some people think these are the best speakers that Klipsch ever made" Hey they are nice, but who the h-ll does he think he is kidding??

Wait for a better deal to come along unless you gotta have maple!! The Maple doesn't come up much and that could account for the increased price if somebody wants to match their other speakers. I prefer the Cherry myself.

Roger