good system?

AMIGATHEBEST

the amp u need to run the SVS will run from the sub out of your current AV receiver. You would plug the rca cable from your sub out into the red portion of your CD input on your sub amp. Then run speaker cables + - from the speaker out of your sub amp to the sub. Its very easy.

bridging is never recommended. The amp will become more unstable in bridged mode (IMHO).

Another note, If you decide to go with the 16-46 cs you will need a better amp than you would with the 20-39. It would probably need at least 200w w/at least a 6 ohm rating.

I think the 16-46 is overkill for the size of your speakers and room, my house is 2000 square feet and every wall shakes..ok, not every wall but you get my point.cwm24.gif

Regards Monty R

This message has been edited by montigue on 01-21-2002 at 06:19 PM

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have the system yet. im going to buy all reference 3 klipsch but i have no idea what sub to get. i need it to be about $500. the reciever im planbning on getting puts out 110 watts per channel. i cant get one that puts out 150 per channel because that would cost to much. i think ill buy the svs and then buy the reciever from the dude that said he would sell it for $30.

I did a quick search on the internet and came up with this solution. RF-3's,RS-3's, and RC-3 from www.supplymyhifi.com for $1122 plus $103 shipping. This leaves $775 for sub which the SVS 20-39PC is $749 plus shipping. If you can get it shipped for $26 it is in your budget.

Now Rock ON!!!!

Michael

PS...no affiliation Yada Yada Yada!

Hi guys,

Excuse me for jumping in. I'm an amateur who've just entered the A/V world. I just bought the Klipsch Reference II series except for the subwoofer. After reading through those truly helpful messages above, I decided to go with SVS(maybe 16-46CS w/ Samson S700). Besides its website, could anyone here tell me whether there are other sites selling SVS, preferably at lower price? Thanks.

Wei

------------------

Developing System:

Onkyo TX-DS797

Onkyo DV-S555

Klipsch RF-3 II

Klipsch RC-3 II

Klipsch RS-3 II

Sony KV32-FV27

quote:

Originally posted by uclk:

Hi guys,

Excuse me for jumping in. I'm an amateur who've just entered the A/V world. I just bought the Klipsch Reference II series except for the subwoofer. After reading through those truly helpful messages above, I decided to go with SVS(maybe 16-46CS w/ Samson S700). Besides its website, could anyone here tell me whether there are other sites selling SVS, preferably at lower price? Thanks.

Wei

Hi uclk,

The only way to purchase SVS subwoofers are from their own website only. You cannot buy them from local stores or other websites, unless you want a used one.

------------------

Home Theater:

Display: Sony VPL-VW11HT LCD Projector

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Sony DVP-S9000ES

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Thanks, KAiN64. One more question: Is the choice of 16-46CS w/ Samson 700 better than that of 16-46PC? Thanks.

------------------

Developing System:

Onkyo TX-DS797

Onkyo DV-S555

Klipsch RF-3 II

Klipsch RC-3 II

Klipsch RS-3 II

Sony KV32-FV27

Several people have recommended the samson s700 in this thread and the samson s1000 in a related thread. This a great amplifier, but it does use a fan for cooling. So, unless you can isolate it from your listening area, you will hear the fan. Samson does make a great line of servo amps (convection cooled - no fans!) The Servo-550 is an awesome amp. It has some impressive specs and will mono-bridge to 550 watts into 8 ohms. I am currently using it to run my rear channels.

It is definitely a more musical amplifier (designed for studio use) than the S series which was designed for live/stage reinforcement.

By the way, you can get it at 8thstreet.com for $299

This message has been edited by minn_male42 on 01-22-2002 at 09:13 PM

You mentioned this amp to me in those related

threads.

Do you think the 550 watt samson amp will

push a pair of SVS 16/46's at enough SPL

to keep up with a 440 watt Yamaha Pre/Power

amp and a pair of Chorus II's?

I would like a fanless amp, BTW.

But I am concerned if the Fanless Samson you mentioned

will have enough juice to fit the bill.

The 16/46's are 350 watts continous, with 600 watt

peaks.(Depending on music material.)

You think this amp can do it?

THANX!

Theres lots of stuff out there, adcom, crown, denon, HK, carver, Krell, Dynaco, NAD, McIntosh, yamaha, lots of pro audio like, Alvex, american DJ, and many more! although after researching for hours trying to find the best deal what I should have done was just listen to SVS in the first place. The samson S series are the best amps for the price. Most of the amps i listed were either too expensive or not enough power for the $300 to $400 price range. The samson was the only solution for me.

Monty

Are these fans all that noisy?

I don't want to listen to quiet passages on

musc material with a pair whirring fans.

Spotted a Mackie FR M1400.

Convection cooled, $375.

Refurbished,though.

Ahh man, this is BEAT!

Maybe I best just get a S700, and get over

the Fan issue.

I ain't gonna find better for the money,

unless I go used, but I would like a warranty.

THANX!