NOS NIB Thorens TD-124 on eBay

fini

Don't see why...don't these things have that funky rubber wheel that rides the inside of the platter?

Don't you need a tone arm..doesn't come with one...I guess that will be sold separately.

They were ALWAYS sold this way--without a base or a tonearm. You could get your dealer to fix you up with whatever arm you wanted. A lot of there were built into custom consoles, so the "factory" optional bases are really few and far between.

$4600? NUTS! "NOS" doesn't really matter with these tanks--as good, clean originals can be brought up to "NOS" operating specs easily enough.

I'll bet this stays in the box as a "collectible investment."

Wow. It cost me about a third of that to put together an almost perfect 124 with an SME and SPU. I did get some great deals and help from my forum friends though. If not for one small paint chip near the switch, you'd think it was brand new.

This guy is nuts (or has too much disposable income) if he intends to use it.

I have always wanted a 124 but thats a crazy price!!! Totally agree with A.S. plenty of people who specialize in restoring and making much better than new!!!

OT I hate when you guy's change avatars...I feel like I just start to know folks and then I'm thrown into panic mode going "who is that"!! [:D][:D][:D]

We ought to go into the business of making reproduction cardboard boxes. 

Reproduction cardboard boxes? I've got plenty of real, gen-u-ine cardboard boxes available for that kind of $. Silliness aside, Thorens 124 prices have been going through the roof since Dudley took a liking to them. Considering what you get new for $1,000 - $1,200, that price seems like a bargain for a machine like a Thorens.

• 2 months later...