Purchased A 10B Tuner, NOW WHAT WILL IT NEED??

Gilbert

Oh Crooner, I like that youtube audio-visual demo.... I noticed you SoCall Jazz station is about the same as it is hear in Oklahoma, 88.7.

Got my blood warmed up now. I'm dying to listen to her, and will before todays out, because I'm skipping work to unpack my bags from a recent trip. Hooowaaah! Finally got my 10B.

Hey hey hey, thanks Crooner and it feels nice to get your first post here.

Hi Gilbert!

That's one gorgeous tuner!

What serial number did you get?

I owned serial 1384 (sold it earlier this year to a gentleman in Italy). I currently own serial 3849.

The first was very early (serial numbers start at 1000). I believe it sounded the best of the two. It was a coin toss to decide which one to sell.

I decided to keep the second due to the fact that it included all paperwork including the little measurements tag and warranty certificate!

Both of my units had the Long Island City address. Very late 10Bs were built in Woodside NY.

I noticed that my second 10B had all the original tubes marked with a little piece of black tape. I guess the factory did this to keep track of user tube replacements.

Glad you liked my little YouTube clips. I made them to demonstrate the superior performance of the 10B. Over the last few years a number of individuals have dedicated themselves to bash the tuner. Among them that infamous "information center" website. That's nonsense pure and simple.

The 10B does not suffer from IP3 or SCA rejection problems. On the contrary, it is completely immune to in band interference including artifacts from HD radio subcarriers. It is also impervious to IM distortion due to overload from close by FM transmitters. Adjacent and alternate channnel reception is superb.

This certainly was and is a groundbreaking design.

Oh Crooner, I like that youtube audio-visual demo.... I noticed you SoCall Jazz station is about the same as it is hear in Oklahoma, 88.7.

Got my blood warmed up now. I'm dying to listen to her, and will before todays out, because I'm skipping work to unpack my bags from a recent trip. Hooowaaah! Finally got my 10B.

• 2 years later...

Here's a cool link for free downloads of the 10b manuals, schematics, interviews etc.

For all the Marantz 10B enthusiasts the link changed to:

http://www.zilla.li/All_Tubes/Marantz_10B/index.html

Here you will find contemporary reviews, a schematic circuit diagram and manuals of the Marantz 10B FM Stereo Tuner.

Have a Happy Christmas!
Rolf, Switzerland

[:)]