Cornwall Project

bliss53

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Groomslake,

I used your fabric stretching method and adhesive recommendations for the grills. All worked out very well. I ended up using a heavier duty pool table cloth adhesive for the folded over edges that worked really well. It was a bit scary before I started but it could not have gone better. Thanks for your posts, guidance and most importantly for your service to the country.

• 2 weeks later...

Bliss,

Are those dot magnets that hold the grill panel to the cabinets?

Herb

Yep. Drilled a shallow hole in the grill with a forstner bit and set the magnets with some epoxy. Used some short flat head screws and dish shaped washers on the motorboard. I put some chalk on the magnets and placed the grills to mark the screw hole locations. Much better than velcro.

For the other members in the middle of cornwall projects, I forgot to detail the attachment of the stands. I used corner blocks in the stands and drilled four pocket screw holes in the blocks to attach the stands. The kreg self taping screws did not require pilot holes in the cabinet. I also painted the inside of the arch in the stand black to hide the plywood edge. I will post a pic later. Let me know if you want pictures of any other details an I will post pics. Good luck and I hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

• 3 weeks later...

I find in my room it gives the image increased focus. Perpendicular placement makes the center image spread out. I am able to hear more of the location of the instruments and voices in the sound stage with the toe in. These are not the most detailed sound stage speakers I have ever heard but I am willing to make the trade off to get the dynamics that these have over some speakers with a better sound stage. Still very happy with them.

• 2 years later...

I need some help. I have talked to Noah and I have determined that my cornwalls IIs may have been 1.5 that recieved what ever parts were on the shelf. See the picture. I think I have a k77 and a K57 with a B3 crossover. I changed the caps in the B3 with Bob Crites supplied parts. My question is is there a compromise to using this combination with gothovers new horns in this project? What if anything would you change?

I know this is a response to an older post. When Klipsch moved to the K52 in the Cornwall, the B3 was designed to go with it. They were always changed together, indeed I have a 'modification path/upgrade' price list sent to me by Klipsch suggesting this modification but that they should be done together.