Friday Night in San Francisco

Marvel

I've been listening to this LP that Invidiosulus gave me for my birthday, a previously unopened LP of Al DiMeola, John McLaughlin and Paco DeLucia.

Recorded live at the Warfield Theater in SanFrancisco in 1981. These three play some very, very hot guitar, all acoustic, and put the majority of todays speed metal maniacs to shame. It makes the wannabes seem like they are palying waltzes compared to the energy on this LP.

Thanks Josh, I'm enjoying it.

Bruce

I wish i had this on vinyl !!!! Only CD for me .... One of my all time favorites is the Guitar Trio ... featuring the same 3 artists.

Any time I play Friday Night in SF for someone .. who is not familiar with it ... Guaranteed ... the will ask who is playing ... and write it down on their "to get" list.

wish they played as that trio still ....

The pressing I have isn't the best. The first track, side one, has a nasty pop like there was a scratch on the lacquer master. You can't see it at all, but you can certainly hear it.

They are cookin' on it though, and I LIKE that.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...