Flooding in Iowa

Marvel

Thats true we see no looting, we only see people working their asses off to help other people, YEA IOWA

truth be told they are probally just “clinging to guns or religion.” God love em'

• Moderators

The answer to the question posed is obvious. However, posting the answer will get the thread removed.

Yes it would, also no one shooting at rescuers as they go through neighborhoods trying so save people .

Of course we should all thank God that the Nazi's we call our government aren't out taking away peoples constitutional rights and guns.

For those who don't know about it ,our so called government, went door to door taking away guns from law abidding citizens after Katrina." What there is danger we better be sure no one can defend themselves".....

TRUTH

• Moderators

Of course we should all thank God that the Nazi's we call our government aren't out taking away peoples constitutional rights and guns.

For those who don't know about it ,our so called government, went door to door taking away guns from law abidding citizens after Katrina." What there is danger we better be sure no one can defend themselves".....

TRUTH

I didn't hear about that, it was the crack heads and gang members who were the problem. After talking to a group of National Guard soldiers that had just came back from Iraq to spend two weeks in New Orleans only to be sent to our area 60 miles north of N.O. it was clear what the problem was in New Orleans.

After leaving Iraq they were very good at looking over their shoulder for trouble and responding. I was told as they rode around in boats they would run across areas where some one would shoot either at them or in the area to discourage them from being in their neighborhood. He said at first they didn't know how to respond, they were not expecting this, they were told to return fire to defend themselves and the people being rescued. After that it was a very one sided fight with all the training and experience they had.

They said defending themselves was the last thing they expected to have to do, and that ended after a short while. I was told 95% of the people they came in contact with would not stop thanking them and said the people they were having problems with were the same people who caused most of the crime and drug problems before the storm.

As far as the looting goes, I would not have a problem with people looting a grocery store for food to have something to eat, I would do the same to feed my family. But you don't need alcohol and extra clothes or jewelery and electronics, this was done by people who would steal when given the chance anyway.

Many of the people who were doing some of these things were the same people who give almost any big city the crime rate they have. As always 5% of the people ruin it for the other 95%, and it's not just drugs to be blamed.

Ok that's enough for now, back to the regularly scheduled program.

• Moderators

Almost forgot about the gun deal you talked about, If the would try that out here they would have to bring large trucks to collect all the guns, we live out in the country, EVERYBODY has guns out here.

And strangely enough violent crime is very low out here.

Yep, after Andrew it was just not safe where I was, I was being paid $200 a night to sleep in someones house (gun in hand) .

As I have asked people before, your in NYC and there are 2 subways, on one everyone has a gun. On the other no one is allowed to have a gun but no one checks. Which one are you gonna ride?

TRUTH

well, ....

there wasn't any, OB..

what is the fundamental difference betwwen the same occurence in New Orleans, and Iowa ..???

Well hell I'll go for it Duke. The difference is there was a much greater level of poverty in New Orleans than in Iowa before the disaster.

Not that I make a hibit of quoteing Hitler, but about where gun control really came from.

1935 will go down in history ! For the first time,a civilized nation has>full gun registration ! Our streets will be safer,our police more efficient
and the world will follow our lead into the future!"

Adolph Hitler

Not that I make a hibit of quoteing Hitler, but about where gun control really came from.

1935 will go down in history ! For the first time,a civilized nation has>full gun registration ! Our streets will be safer,our police more efficient
and the world will follow our lead into the future!"

Adolph Hitler

Brac that quote is an urban myth and has no basis in history. Check it out and you will see.

Brac that quote is an urban myth and has no basis in history. Check it out and you will see.

Well I learned some history today! Thanks, I hate passing on a myth.

nor would there have been a need for the Nazis to pass such a law, since gun registration laws passed by the Weimar government were already in effect.

source- http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcbogus.html

that quote is an urban myth and has no basis in history. Check it out and you will see.

So true, but they WERE master manipulators, and scaring people has always meant they will give up their rights and freedoms voluntarily.

Bruce