DFW listening session this Sunday 1/27

eq_shadimar

eq,

(I was going to e-mail you with a response but, hey, this is a better 'forum' to do so.)

Just wanted to say THANKS for extending an invitation to me to come over on Sun. (I'm the "other forum member") and experiencing the Heritage sound. See ya then!

What's your preference on liquid libations??

ROCK ON!

Haven't been here in a while but saw this thread tonight. I'm in Irving and might like to meet some of ya'll; seems to be quite a few people here in the DFW area. Anyway if this is an open invite, let me know, my e-mail should be current from here. I currently have a pair of KLF-20's and working on the rest. Thanks

dang... stuck here in houston... could you move it down south a bit? LoL! maybe someone here will open his/and or/her door to some fellow klispch'ers in houston Smile.gif would be really neat to see the face behind the avatar.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

Space Cowboy you have mailcwm20.gif I want to keep the crowd to around 6 or so but so far there is only one confirmed so I can probably squeek ya in.

If ya all are nice to me I might even throw in a demo of my Klipsch ProMedia 4.2's for ya too for the same low admission pricecwm30.gif If you have a PC and have never heard these speakers you really need to give them a listen.

Justin man you can always drive up it is only like a 9 hour drive right? :-)

Laters,cwm9.gif

------------------

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...

My Home Theater Page

Only a 9 hour drive... LoL! Smile.gif Let me know how it goes Smile.gif Anyone in houston want to open their doors to Justin? Wavey.gifWavey.gif Maybe i can get up there.. doubtful though... maybe next time? Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

Sounds interesting. Unfortunately I think I'll have to pass this time. I will likely be watching the NFL playoffs at that time (even though they won't be all that interesting this year).

I'd be interested if this type of event is ever held again in the DFW area. There seems to be quite a few people on this BB from DFW. I see notices for those Chicago, Ohio, Southern Cal horn meetings and it would be neat if something similar happened in DFW.

Hehe well we will be watching (but not listening) to them as well. I have several TV's and I am sure one of them will have the games on. I need to see those Pat's whoop up on the Steelers cwm3.gif

Laters,cwm9.gif

------------------

My Home Theater Page

This message has been edited by eq_shadimar on 01-25-2002 at 09:48 PM

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe yeah the Pats won cwm12.gif I thought it went really well and I enjoyed having the guys over. Maybe they can post their impressions here for you (my impression was that it all sounded great but I may be biased).

Laters,

------------------

My Home Theater Page

I went over to EQ's (and Java's) house with the intention of "experiencing" his Cornwall/Heresy/SVS setup. I was not disappointed!! That was the first time that I had ever heard this combination of speakers together. Now I can begin to appreciate why Heritage owners are so devoted to those types of speakers. To me the Heritage had a more ambient sound quality to them. (Or maybe it was just the sheer number of speakers in EQ's setup.) It was a different type of soundstage than my Legends setup. The SVS definitely has a "slam" factor. All that plus the added bonuses of an X.10 demo and a couch wired with "*** Kickers".

EQ, Thanks again for the demo/audition!!

P.S. Does Spike have an avatar or Username?

Ed,

I just saw this post and I AM BUMMED that I didn't see it in time to get in on the fun. Maybe next time, since we are neighbors. I would like to look a your risers since I am thinking about adding some to my Cornwalls.

Next time,

Mike

------------------

3 Channel Audio:

1980 Cornwalls

Klipsch Quartet as Rear

The following I bought NEW in 1971:

McIntosh MR-74

McIntosh C-26

McIntosh MC-2505

Badbob - I don't know about Spike. He kindda just "showed up" hehe. Oh and thanks for the kind words. I can't wait to hear your legends.

Good2BHome - My schedule is pretty open. Just zap me an e-mail and we can arrange a time for you to look at the risers.

Laters,cwm9.gif

------------------

My Home Theater Page

An old friend from college is stuck on KEF and lives near Arlington. He works in the R&D dept of the same company I work for in Michigan.

I do not get the chance to demo him my system.

Let us know if you do it again!

This sounds like good times.

I want to impose on ShapeShifter here in Michigan sometime. I am not sure how many pairs of Klipsch he has, I lose track.