2008 Group pic Names & faces

You would need to:

1) Use the Print-screen button to take a screenshot into memory

2) Open a graphics program like Paint etc and "paste" the screenshot in

3) save as a jpg, bmp, etc.

However, it sounds like I might know what is going on Larry, the browser is probably showing a left-right scrollbar, I'll have to see about automatically scaling the entire thing so you don't have to scroll.

• Moderators

I have to set my screen to 1280 x 1024

Pixle wimps!

I've got mine on 1920x1200 only because that's max. On my old 21" monitor, I had it set even higher (current monitor is an Apple 23" Cinema)

Stick out tongue

Show off!

Damon, I put the screenshot into memory, but don't have Paint, only Photoshop Elements, and I couldn't figure out how to paste it into PE. And no, it is not showing a L-R scrollbar.

Either auto-scaling (sounds interesting) or just reducing the pixel width (but then why no horizontal scroll bar?) might do the trick since I'm not enthusiastic about changing my screen resolution just for this.

It hasn't changed, or not much anyway, at my standard resolution of 1024X768 (17" monitor). Who is at the right-hand edge and his balloon is half cut-off on the right. But, as others said, everything shows at 1280X1024. Interestingly, the balloons stop moving right once they butt up against the right side -- I just can't see that at the resolution I prefer.

Amy's pic seems smaller now and much easier to scroll around in.

Thanks!

OK, I have the rather odd answer -- it's AOL's version of IE.

On occasion I find I have to open something directly in IE instead of AOL (I can have both open at the same time). That's the case here -- although I was getting no improvement in AOL, opening the forum directly in IE led exactly to what you're showing, Damon. Problem solved --

Incidentally, I have a 3-yr-old Dell, XP Pro, and a very good Dell Ultra-Sharp monitor. I got rid of the coal-fired beast long ago.

Larry

Larry,

I may be wrong but I assumed one could attach any type of file and then Damon could open it assuming he has the correct software or software that can read it. That said, I've tried to attach anything other than a pdf file or a jpg file which displays in the post.

And I could have put almost any type of file on my computer and then upload it to the forum in the standard way. I also frequently right-click and copy the picture and can then paste it directly into my reply.

However, right-clicking these Silverlight pics didn't offer the usual moves -- I couldn't copy or save it as such-and-such a file. No opportunity even to treat it as a file. So, I was stymied.

I didn't try those things in IE, it might have worked there. If so, an interesting ploy by MS to discourage AOL?

Your operating system paints a snapshot of the screen into memmory when you use the screenshot key. This memory can be grabbed off the "clipboard" by any graphics program; Paint.NET is a good free/open source one, any edition Windows ships with Paint or something like it, etc.

I'll remember to look for Paint if this comes up again. I'm aware of the clipboard copy and did that,, but couldn't (or didn't know how to) get PE, my only graphics program, to pick it up and do something with it. I don't have Paint on my XP Pro, don't know what graphics program I have if any.