Don't ever lose your receipt!

brend4n

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Yamaha HTR-5490 at Best Buy for my cousin who is getting married in about a week. I go over to his house and it turns out that he already has the receiver. Curious as I was, I asked him how much he had paid for it and he said he got it for around $550. I was shocked because at Best Buy I had spent well over $800 for it. Anyway, to make a long story short I decided to return the receiver and could not find my receipt. I spent days scrounging through the trash can and such still to no avail. I went to best buy anyways figuring that the best they could do for me was give me store credit. Nope, didn't happen. Apparently their limit is around $500 if you are returning without a receipt. So now here i am stuck with this overpriced receiver and a big dent in my savings. If you learn one thing in life, learn this: Don't ever lose your receipt.

Oh yea, (i hope this is not illegal on the boards) I am selling the receiver for $550 SHIPPED in the continental us. If any of you are interested, email me at beezalee@hotmail.com

I remember when my sound card broke down and I couldn't find the receipt! cwm24.gif

------------------

Home Theater:

Display: Sony VPL-VW11HT 16:9 LCD Projector

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS900

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

brend4n! How long has it been? Imagine, running into you here! I've been trying to locate you so I could invite you to my wedding...

Uncle fini

This message has been edited by fini on 01-23-2002 at 09:04 AM

Good news. I think you're not over yet. Two weeks ago, I had to return my JBL-PB12 sub at Best Buy because i want to replace it with a KSW-12. Same thing, I lost all my receipts and the only thing they could do is give a store credit. I called Best Buy customer service and requested for a duplicate receipt. They then gave me a bunch of necessary information for me to give to the best buy store for them to be able to retrieve my receipt. Wow, I got my money back!!

I hope this helps.

That best buy in screwing you. They can print up extra receipts from their registers. All that info is stored in a database and all they have to do is probably type in your name or something to bring up a list of your purchases and they can print a receipt from there. Go to the customer service dept and just ask them to print up a reciept for your last purchase. If they won't do it, get the manager. That way you don't have to short yourself $250 bucks on the reciever. If they still won't do it, tell them you will be contacting the Better Business Bearue (sp). They probably just don't want to loose that $800 purchase. Pretty jerk *** thing to do IMO.