bluemando

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want some advice?

Get a haircut, and get a job.

[sorry, couldn't resist.  Welcome to the forum!]

Being the newest one to post here, I'm thinking you are directing your comment to me. For what it's worth ("zero" I suspect) I support a "Yul Brenner" and, besides being retired, I *do* have a job (albeit, part time).

Thanks for the welcome -

blue

I have Fortes and enjoy them immensely. I have not had a better speaker. The only speakers  I've heard that I liked more cost many times more.

Thought I answered this already, but I don't see it, so please excuse if this shows up twice. There's a pr. of Forte's for sale on ebay right now. I'm not crazy about the fact that they are black (all my speakers are black - KEF Q15, Primus 160, MMG) I think I'm ready for something in Boston black cherry, or mahogany.... birch, or maple maybe. (anything but black!) Do you happen to know the Orion Blue Book value for Forte's? Thanks - blue

Yes I was directing it to whoever penned the subject line requesting advice. So that was you blue. It was purely a joke. There wasn't any detail in the subject line saying what the advice should pertain to, so I gave what I did.... anyway, enjoy the forum

bluemando, Boston Black Cherry ? You a Boston Boy ? ... Wood Grain is much nicer looking than black, in the Heritage line, ... just one man's opinion !!!

Opps. I meant *Boston Cherry* (Forget about the black part) I was probably thinking "black" for the grills... actually, I would probably opt for grills NOT black as well ). No, I'm not a 'Boston Boy,' but I attended the North Bennet Street School (north-end of Boston) for about 6 months, and have visited the area once since my graduation. Anyway, I with you on the wood grain.... only way to go, imo.

Yes I was directing it to whoever penned the subject line requesting advice.  So that was you blue.  It was purely a joke.  There wasn't any detail in the subject line saying what the advice should pertain to, so I gave what I did....   anyway, enjoy the forum 

I had considered that it might be "tongue in cheek" thing; it's not always easy to figure out how a message is meant to be taken. Peace - blue

OK, let's try this ................... Are you a New Englander ? I have no problem with the Black part of Cherry, just haven't heard wood called "Boston Black Cherry" up here since I moved here in 63 ........ it's like "wicked" fast ball ...... Boston banter !!!!!!!!

OK, let's try this ................... Are you a New Englander ? I have no problem with the Black part of Cherry, just haven't heard wood called "Boston Black Cherry" up here since I moved here in 63 ........ it's like "wicked" fast ball ...... Boston banter !!!!!!!!

Yeh I'm a New-Englander-of-sorts, I moved up here from Florida in ' 87 (Texas before that.... Alaska before that, Colorado before that) My two sisters moved here (from Florida) in the early 70's and married two guys who were born and reared in this area (Western MA.)

They (my brother-in-laws) have extended family that probably can be traced back to the early Massachusetts settlers.... TRUE New Englanders, they are. "Wicked" is still being used, although no so much as it was in the 90's.... at least that's been my experience.

New England here as well. My ancestry goes back to early MA settlers in rehoboth, ma. My line of the family must have done something bad and got chased off to vermont early on. All of my family was born in Vermont. Wicked is still used often in my house but with more of a northern twang. It is kind of a slower paced cross between boston and down east maine dialect.

so i have finally bought rc-52 and rs52.

i've just noticed that the back of both rs52 and rc52 say max input power 125 watt

whereas the brochure and website say 125 watt for rc52 but 100 watt for rs52, what am i missing?

what do the back of rs 52 & rc52 speakers say for you other people that have them.

mine exact model number is"RF IV RC52 Black"

also one more thing guys please tell me the exact package contents of rs52 and rc52

can these speaker (rs52 & rc52) be bi-amped the same way as rf82?

with thanks