New purchase

jeverett

I have been considering the purchase of the heresy 3's, however, I am very cocerned about their bottom end. I'm in no way a base freak, however, 58hz seems awful light for a speaker with a 12 inch driver. I currently own a pair of tyler acoustic reference monitors that have 6.5 inch SEAS drivers in them and they go down to 44hz. I have the new glow audio amp one (5watts) that is why I am looking for a more efficient speaker. I live in San Antonio Texas maybe someone out there has a pair I can listen to. By the way the cornwalls are out of the question, to rich for my blood

I think cabinet size has a lot to do with why Heresys don't go lower than they do. If you want bass, take a look at the Forte or Forte II speakers. Their 12 or 15" passive in back and much larger cabinet volume result in bass that you wouldn't expect from them.

Is getting a subwoofer an option?

Also a nice pair of chorus's can be had for $700-900 ....some times a lot less.......They go just as deep as the cornwalls...Or get Corn II's and re-cap the xovers and BC titanium tweeters .... you'll be set for life for about a grand

fender, are we talking about BC caps? I have Cornwall II's and have been considering getting new xovers from Bob. Are the tweets from Bob the same as in my La Scala's (CT-125's)? Just curious...

Mike

Hello Jeverett, I live in Kyle just a short ride north of you. I have Cornwalls you are welcome too audition, however I warn you - You wil be ruined, are at least determined to purchase Cornwalls once you have heard them. [Y] I highly encourage you to hold out for as many audition's as needed to find the right sound for you.Shoot me a PM or email if you would like to hear them.

Good luck,

Cornman

Also a nice pair of chorus's can be had for $700-900 ....some times a lot less.......They go just as deep as the cornwalls...Or get Corn II's and re-cap the xovers and BC titanium tweeters .... you'll be set for life for about a grand

fender, are we talking about BC caps? I have Cornwall II's and have been considering getting new xovers from Bob. Are the tweets from Bob the same as in my La Scala's (CT-125's)? Just curious...

Mike

Hey Mike,

I have BC caps only in my Cornwall's...and made a BIG difference, same with my heresy II's

As far as the Tweeters are concerned I should have stated Diaphragms...I'm considering swapping them out in both the heresies and Cornwalls as the 1st hand reports I have heard are only positive. Not sure about what's driving the LaScala's...

all I know is that when I use my Tascam Pro CC-222 Cd that has two pairs of rca outs and take each signal into a separate amp...one for the corns and One for the Heresies, I really like what my ears tell my with BC caps in place. Now I you want to talk bliss then its the Klipschorns with ALK ES networks...I should really get a pair of VRD's to drive them [;)]

Hey Mike, I have BC caps only in my Cornwall's...and made a BIG difference, same with my heresy II's

As far as the Tweeters are concerned I should have stated Diaphragms...I'm considering swapping them out in both the heresies and Cornwalls as the 1st hand reports I have heard are only positive. Not sure about what's driving the LaScala's...

all I know is that when I use my Tascam Pro CC-222 Cd that has two pairs of rca outs and take each signal into a separate amp...one for the corns and One for the Heresies, I really like what my ears tell my with BC caps in place. Now I you want to talk bliss then its the Klipschorns with ALK ES networks...I should really get a pair of VRD's to drive them Wink

My La Scala's have ALK Universals/Altec 511B's/CT-125's and are driven by VRD's/BBX combo. It's a match made in heaven when you throw the Thorens TD-124 in there with them.

Mike