So...Who Can Explain....

...why after I write a little experiment where I proclaim that...at least to my ears...the Reference RB-5s I have sound inferior to the Heritage and extended Heritage I own...even losing out to the Klipsch Heritage familial voice of"lowly" kg1s that all of a sudden...while listening to the RB-5s they sound wonderful with full bass???

Hmmmmmmm...I stand on the cusp of picking up a pair of Speakerfritz built Klipsch Cornwall (IIIs???) and I am thinking of getting rid of my RB-5s cuz they just don't move me...I am listening to the latest from the Eagle's and it is rockin'!!!

To paraphrase my nephew..."sometimes I just don't get you..."

Wotzup wit dat????

Bill

Note: In the interest of full disclosure, I am listening to the RB-5s with Mon$ter speaker wire (what, it was on closeout at Radio Shack [;)], Toshiba SD 2950 (remember the cheap CD player alternative riot???), and a updated McIntosh MA6200 integrated amp...with, perish the thought, Solid State power.

What's to explain ? It's not the wire, all my speaker wire is Monster Cable that I bought on sale, so I think you can rule out wire. You are using a McIntosh intergrated amp, don't think that hurts you, and a cheap CD player, might be the CD player, but I doubt it ............. So, where does that leave you ? I think it's simple really: It's those Dam Voices again ......... You think they have gone away, but lo and behold, they're back !!!!!