RC-7 Thread Damage?

I have an RC-7 speaker that is in immaculate condition except for one thing--The bottom two screw threads on one of the woofers seems to be stripped or the piece it attaches to is broken. Any ideas how to fix this?
I didn't notice anything wrong until I went to take pictures of it. [^o)] Any help would be greatly appreciated.

does the screw ,screw into wood or is there like a threaded molley?If wood ,you can try a fater screw or you can take another peice of wood break of ,like a large splinter ,just bigger then the hole and wedge it in .Tap it with hammer then cut the excess off.Now you can use a self tapping screw again.

Is a problem like that covered under warranty?

I hadn't considered that because there are no stores still open that I purchased any of my Klipsch Speakers and I thought it would be an easy fix. I e-mailed customer service after getting no response here to see what they say. I appreciate the option you mentioned. I really don't want to ship my RC-7 in. :-(

would a fatterr screw work?if not remove the plastic,get anwall anchor that will fit from the hardware store.or you can fill the hole by jamming or filling the hole with a piece of wood.tap in with hammer.now you can use a regular self tapping screw.hope that helps.on the box i made i just used regular sheetrock screws.always used thm w/evry box i made.why did the screw get stripped in the first place?

• 14 years later...
On 6/5/2023 at 12:33 PM, Zen Traveler said:

Yep. I finally got the VHS player to work and this was next on the list. 😁

without pictures ,  here's my suggestion ,  remove  the driver , remove  any fragments , clean the area ,  fill the cavity or holes  with  Bondo Wood Filler which can be sanded -drilled - painted - cures in 15 minutes 

• Thanks 1