Best AVR's with Heresy III's?

Hey guys, I'm looking for the best AVR for my new home theater. I have 3 Heresy III's incoming to be used as front/center and will move my 2 Heresy I's to surrounds. I'm looking for an AVR in the $500-$1000 price range with the new sound codecs (True HD, DTS Master, etc - I have blu ray) that will sound the best with these new Heresy III's. I could spend a little more if the return justifies a higher price. I am currently using a 2002 Onkyo HTIB AVR with100 watt/ch.

I am willing to wait until the fall if there are some hot new models coming out. I spoke with a dealer today and he said Harmon Kardon is the best with Heresy's, but he owns 25 year old speakers and my front 3 will be the new H III's. He mentioned that Japanese brands sound bad with Heritage products. Any ideas? Thanks.

Lots of forum members are driving their Heritage speakers with Yamaha, Denon and Onkyo electronics and are happy with the sound. Harman Kardon gear has its fans here, and some other folks like the sound of tubes with their speakers.

As electronics get better, the tonal differences between different brands are possibly becoming less obvious.

BTW, your all-Heresy system could sound really good. I've seen lots of positive comments about the H-3s. Have you included a sub in your plans?

Lots of forum members are driving their Heritage speakers with Yamaha, Denon and Onkyo electronics and are happy with the sound. Harman Kardon gear has its fans here, and some other folks like the sound of tubes with their speakers.

As electronics get better, the tonal differences between different brands are possibly becoming less obvious.

BTW, your all-Heresy system could sound really good. I've seen lots of positive comments about the H-3s. Have you included a sub in your plans?

There are so many choices! How do I decide? Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon, Outlaw, Marantz, HK, Pioneer, etc. I'm sure some of these sound better than others with Heresy III's. I'm guessing not many people with H III's have directly compared the sound on these different brands. I would like the new sound codecs for True HD and DTS Master for use on blu ray - PS3.

Yes, I'm picking up my new Epik Knight monster of a sub directly from Epik next week and I'm so excited. Chad is fantastic and he said his subs blend perfectly with Klipsch speakers.

http://www.epiksubwoofers.com/KnightOverview.html

There are so many choices!  How do I decide?  Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon, Outlaw, Marantz,  HK, Pioneer, etc.  I'm sure some of these sound better than others with Heresy III's. I'm guessing not many people with H III's have directly compared the sound on these different brands.  I would like the new sound codecs for True HD and DTS Master for use on blu ray - PS3.

I'd also suggest the Panasonic digital receivers as many on this forum are happy using them for two channel. As far as the new codecs, I'd wait before I spent money on that. Blu Ray has yet to prove it is not another SACD/DVD-A, and with the growing popularity of tv and movie downloads I think BluRay will face stiff competition. The new codecs will only be available on BluRay, no downloads, no cable or satellite, so buy a BluRay player that can decode the new codecs and buy an AVR with a 5.1 input (such as the Panasonic). Just my .02