palladium p-17b review

Let me start from unboxing,these arrived via fedex and let me say that the packaging is very well done.After opening up the thick boxes I was greeted to a very secure speaker enclosed in it's own white cotton bag and containing a pair of cotton gloves (nice touch).The fit and finish on these are second to none the wood is gorgeous and the five way binding posts are huge,very nicely done. Now after I slid my beloved RF-7's over I placed the PALLADIUMS on 24 inch stands and pluged them in using bannana plugs to my Sunfire 425x5 amp. Putting in Russell Watson I sat back and began turning up the volume,what happened next I was not expecting the PALLADIUMS filled the room with the most encredible sound and smoothest midrange I have ever heard the soundstage was huge and the bass was not what I was ready for,the high frequency detail was not as forward as the RF-7's (I don't know many that are).After listening to various music from Nora Jones to Pink Floyd I am convinced that for 2 channel listening the PALLADIUMS have few peers however for movie whatching I found the didn't have near the impact of the RF-7's (nor did I expect them to).I also found that setting the crossover point at 100hrz gave me the best sound with my earthquake subs bringing up the low end.With all that being said I am so impressed with these speakers I will be using them for seperate two channel listening only, they are truly the smoothest most lifelike speakers I have ever heard and truly are worth the money. Thank you Klipsch for the opportunity to expand my listening pleasure.

• Moderators

Great review, Travis! I'm so glad you are enjoying them. You'll want to be careful with that 425W amp though ... I noticed the rec amp power for the bookshelves is 50-350W. Take good care of them! :)

• Moderators

Glad you want to keep them for 2 CH, just think what their big brothers would sound like ?

So the real question, what does the boss think, or does she just think we are nuts, if so she could be right !

Great review, Travis! I'm so glad you are enjoying them. You'll want to be careful with that 425W amp though ... I noticed the rec amp power for the bookshelves is 50-350W. Take good care of them! :)

Well if you do happen to damage a speaker (lets hope not) remember that Klipsch has matched replacements that have gone through the same rigorous requirements that your current speakers went through!