Just "Mounted" Claude's Single Hot Blonde.

HPower

I was lucky enough to be 1st inline for ClaudeJ1's single '77 La Scala last week and in now is settled

in between my "75 Khorns (that I also picked up from Claude last fall).

These 3 are flanked by a pair of '86 Heresy IIs.

The sub duties are being handled by a Mirage BPS-400.

For HT, I am using a Denon AVR-2105 and a Denon DVD-558.

After getting Claude's Blondie in just the right position and having my way with her, I plugged

in the kid's "Finding Nemo".

I was/am very impressed with the sounds that I was hearing.

As good as the HT set-up is now sounding, I will say that the sound pales compared to when I switch to

my 2 channel, which is driving just the Khorns with the Jolida 300B.

Note to self:

1st thing to buy after lottery win... 5, 300B mono blocks [:P]

Very nice setup – great work. Finding Nemo… Here’s Brucey!!!

If there ever is a stupid question this is it.... BUT I have always wondered in the La Scala’s is there a speaker in them, clearly there is a horn but what about the BIG box down the bottom, if there is a speaker in there where would the sound come out from. Or is it just a box to put the horn on. Either way they look fantastic.

• Moderators

Very nice setup – great work. Finding Nemo… Here’s Brucey!!!

If there ever is a stupid question this is it.... BUT I have always wondered in the La Scala’s is there a speaker in them, clearly there is a horn but what about the BIG box down the bottom, if there is a speaker in there where would the sound come out from. Or is it just a box to put the horn on. Either way they look fantastic.

Why yes they do have a bass speaker "down under" them horns, a folded horn for bass, Just one of the things PWK is famous for ! [;)]

Never hesitate to ask a question, even if you think it is stupid, it could not be worse than some I have asked ! [:$]

Hey oldbuckster, nothing wrong with your peepers.

No, I wear bros, white ones...

My oldest daughter has claimed the front of the basement when she decides to make

an apperance here at home.

I guess I should Photoshop those out of the picture, probablly easier than getting my daughter to pick up after herself[:S]

I always wanted another big heritage speaker between my Cornwalls in my HT but it's our family room and may wife just wouldn't go for it. I ended up with an Academy. Adequate but certainly no 3rd Cornwall or Lascala.

Just shows who wears the pants in my family vs your's!

Congrats. I'm sure it sounds great.

You're absolutely right about switching over to the tube gear. Just no comparison vs a HT receiver.

Hey garymd,

Yes the Denon does a nice job for HT but as far as enjoying the Klipsch sound, it is really all about 2ch for me.

90 - Denon watts definately don't even come close to 9 - 300B watts [:D]

Sometimes my wife lets me wear the big boy pants, but more times than often I just get to wear the man-pris (boy capris).

With the hifi starting out upstairs in the living room, it eventually was exiled to the basement.

I got a way with it upstairs for a while but things seem to get bigger.

1st upstairs system:

post-27869-1381939372854_thumb.jpg

LOL!

I had a beat up pair of Heresys reveneered to match my Cornwalls but was never "allowed" to use them as my surrounds on a permanent basis. I eventually sold them. They were beauts and a perfect match to boot.

This is my family room (if it's the picture I think it is) but the Khorns system is in the basement. That's where I spend most of my time although the 299b and Cornwalls sound amazing in the family room. I don't know if it's the crawl space underneath but the acoustics in that room are to die for!!

post-11821-1381939373637_thumb.jpg

These pics are at least 4 years old. The TT and CD Player have been replaced but the rest is still there. No room for a 3rd Cornwall or Lascala :(

The good news is my new house in Delaware has a 14' x 16' mancave just for me with no decorating rules. It also has perfect corners on either wall.

Within 2 weeks I'll have a temporary system set up there with a pair of '82 walnut/cane Cornwalls, a Scott 299 and a Mini Max tube CD player (thanks to Boomac!). I'm pretty excited to get that set up!!

post-11821-13819393738254_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gary,

The grain on your Cornwalls is gorgeous, what veneer, and finish are they?

That should be a real treat to be able to start from scratch with a new room.

Let's see some pic after you get things all set up.