!!Speakers disappeared tonight!!

wuzzzer

Well, not literally of course! [6]

I received the Elton John Live at 60 Blu-ray disc from NetFlix yesterday. Sat down with my wife to watch it. Of course I selected the 5.1 uncompressed format on the disc. This disc, without a doubt, is the clearest, most dynamic, realistic media that I have EVER watched/listened to. I couldn't believe it. I had all the lights in the basement off. If I wouldn't have known better I would have thought I was actually at the concert. What an unbelievable recording of this concert. My Fortes were replaced by a grand piano sitting in my basement.

Keep in mind that I am the farthest thing from a huge Elton John fan. I heard a lot of good things about the concert so I thought I'd check it out. I will buy this on Blu-ray, its that good. My wife let me listen to it much louder than she typically does when she's at home. We both sat by each other on our sectional and she sang along with each song she knew.

I've heard of people saying that their speakers seem to have disappeared with certain combinations of sources/players/amplification. I can truly say tonight that this was my experience.

If only all music was recorded like this.

If only all music was recorded like this.

One can always dream but the reality is music is recorded for the masses who do not care about sound quality.

There are some recordings that are quality recordings but not many. Or someone will mention a very good recording but it is not a style of music I like.

That's great to hear....and yes, it is awesome to have an experience like that in the comfort of your own home. [:D]

I don't have a Blueray player.....not a huge Elton John fan either.....but will probably check out this concert based on your experience. Thanks.

One of the first things I thought was who can I invite over to watch this! I asked my wife how she thought the concert sounded and she said "It sounded good." I said honey, this was the most realistic sounding music I have ever heard at home. Then again, she's more than happy listening to MP3s on her iPod. [|-)]

wuzzer,

congrats bro. two winners here.

Having your speakers disappear is a wonderful experience.

Having the wife agree, priceless.

One of my most fulfilled audio days was when my wife listened and said, wow, what did you do? That sounds really good!

Life is good, my friend.

One of the first things I thought was who can I invite over to watch this!

I can't have people over without them requesting "You gotta play this concert.....or that concert".

Klipsch rules. [Y]

It is an amazing thing when you get a phantom center. (stereo recording is sooo good you swear the center is on but it is not.., and this enables you to exactly hear where each instrument is too....)

Having one of your fav bands right in front of you... Priceless

• Moderators

It is an amazing thing when you get a phantom center. (stereo recording is sooo good you swear the center is on but it is not.., and this enables you to exactly hear where each instrument is too....)

When I first got my RF-83's setup and someone suggested I toe them in a bit, I experienced for the first time this phantom speaker. I knew it was set to stereo and got up and walked to the center speaker to try and figure out why it was on only to find out it wasn't. Very cool!