Slideshow music suggestions

dkp

I am in charge the annual, "Senior Banquet," at our church which honors the graduating senior class. We generally use a slideshow for a portion of the banquet and play music while the photos are displayed. I have been using the same music for the past three years and am looking to change things up a bit. I would love to hear any songs you care to suggest. Thanks!

-David

How about a few Carpenters songs, like Top of the World? For classical, it should be brief and reward attention, e.g., the Prelude (first movement) of the Sonata No. 1 for Solo Cello.

To sample the Bach, click "Preview all" to sample the movement that comes up in the following link. You won't hear the whole thing, though it totals only 3 min. or so (unless you download the 99-cent MP3):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VHRXKM/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk1?ie=UTF8&qid=1218396261&sr=8-1

Larry

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. I will check those out this evening.

colterphoto: We paid a fee for some sort of license that allows us to play movies and I would assume that includes music as well.

oldtimer: Don't hold back! Being a smart-aleck myself, I aways enjoy a good chuckle. Let 'em rip!

dkp:

Colterphoto1 is correct. Never assume anything. The RIAA people have no souls and no compassion. They would nail you for singing

"Happy Birthday" (which is copyrighted) and laugh as you were paraded away to jail in handcuffs. Trying to find a lawyer who is competent in

entangled copyright legalities is like shoveling sand against the ocean.

JJK