IS IT ACTUALLY POSSIBLE TO BE THIS STUPID?

BigStewMan

Oh god it gets worse if you read the comments:

"fonik

August 12th, 2008 11:26 am

I
saw this on Fark earlier. Look at her other youtube videos. She thinks
the moon is a giant mirror and that the government is shooting gravity
waves at her to shake her house. She obviously has paranoid
schizophrenia or some similar disorder."

the government is shooting gravity
waves at her to shake her house

Where's she live? Is it in Canada near Michael Hurd or The Ear or in the US near an MCM owner. Near Hope maybe and Roy's been working on his stealth horn loaded sub-woofer.... Mississippi maybe? Dtel, you been rockin' out lately? Low frequency sound waves could shake a house...

These people are everywhere, and in every profession.

Warning this may scare some people.....

You know I work for an airline and in the maintenance department. I am the guy the pilots call if something is wrong with the plane. We fly 50 seat Embraer regional jets, we are not talking 747's here.

The other night I had a pilot call after landing in Colorado Springs and he said that his flaps had failed to extend and he had to land at 0 flap speeds about 180 knots compared to 140 knots. I was able to reset the flap system with him so that was not a big deal. The problem was that he stood on the brakes so hard that he overheated the right side brakes enough that a fuse plug on one tire blew out. The wheels have a plug that if it gets too hot it blows before the tire does. OK its understandable that when you land at a faster speed that you will need more brakes to stop if you are on a short runway, but Colorado Springs runway that he landed on is 13,500 feet long, thats about 2.5 miles. Its long enough to land the space shuttle on it. The only thing we could figure was it was 1. lack of experience, 2. just plane scared, or 3. stupid.

Last night one called and told one of the other guys that there was something wrong with both engines. When she pulled the power levers back to idle the the turbine temp. was going down. She didn't understand his explanation that when you put less fuel in it the temp is suppose to go down.

I bet every one of you has stories like this, don't you.

Steve

And to think I always thought that pilots had to be reasonably intelligent with at least a bit of common sense.... so is it one of those professions where you can get a commercial pilot's license becasue your father or grandfather was a pilot? Maybe I don't miss flying as much as I though I did.... I always assumed that a commercial pilot's license wasn't real easy to get. Of course even the best are human and have moments of stupidity or a DBA (dumb blonde attack) I was one once before it soaked in as was our oldest daughter. I also pretend to be a DBA at work part of the time (data base administrator though I have my share of DBAs.) Our youngest daughter is still blonde. I hope and pray it doesn't soak in. [:S]

I've flow to/from Cleveland and Indianapolis (I think) in one of those Embraer jets once or twice. Thought they were very nice planes. I've also flown across Lake Michigan in an old boxy twin prop plane once that looked older than me at the time.... the really cramped kind where they check your carryon's on the tarmac and your knees are in your throat once seated. (We're flying across Lake Michigan in that? Where's the hidden camera?

Laugh all you want but don't underestimate the deleterious effects of metals leaching from those little pots o' gold.

And will I ever learn? I've got a couple of those pots of gold a couple of times and those darn leprechauns convince me to have a drink or two out of it with them and next thing I know I'm waking up half naked in a cornfield somewhere.... Sputnik, no matter what they tell you, don't drink from the pot-o-gold man. But I gotta warn ya man, it's like they hypnotize your or something.

• Moderators

Not me, but I wished I lived next door, I would build something with really low freq to rattle her house with no audible sound just to watch what she does ! I do have a crazy neighbor, but not that crazy !