Outside Right Now

jacksonbart

115 out here feel like 102 in Dallas. I know because when I moved here I thought that it was about 102 and it was 115.

We don't have bugs. That is nice.

Sometimes it will rain in the summer and you can see the rain comming down from the clouds, then when it gets to about 500 feet the water will re-evaporate and not touch the ground. That must have scared the he!! out of the missionaries a few hundred years ago.

I have a picture somehwere of my backyard palms covered in snow. That was rough in them. It took an entire year for them to fully recover.

Right now? about 92 degrees and billions and billions of dead mosquito carcasses from the 2:00 PM chemical warfare attack laying all over the place. Sort of a weird if but demented South Florida post-tropical storm obligato to Apocalypse Now. I do believe I can hear "This Is The End" somewhere off in the yard playing softly over whatever micro boom box that mosquitos prefer in these here parts....[:P] But then again, it could just be the ice cold Sam Adams making me feel so much better....[;)]

Brilliant blue skies, humidity has dropped (finally) to 74%, light 4 mph breeze from the SW (which is the preferred direction for dry air), and things are beginning to dry out. The "Terro" mosquito spray worked. 100 foot radius around the front porch was fairly free of them at 0600, but once I left the safe zone, they were waiting. This afternoon is the back yard, pool, etc.

The #1 complaint to the County after TS Fay was not flooding... it was and still is mosquitos. It's a 100 year event, because the storm carried them and their eggs from the Great Mosquito Pit (The Everglades) north and they are like a starving man at an all you can eat buffet.....