My Photography - Thoughts?

justin_tx_16

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why don't women come with a manual? Some of us actually do read the manual for at least some of the things we have.

Simple: Obsolescence. Women get so many frequent upgrades* that the manual would be obsolete before it left the printing press. [:S]

* Upgrades: Hair, nails, makeup, boob-jobs, tucks, lypo, Botox, clothes, shoes, jewelry, perfume, attitude and then there's the effects of "The View" and "Oprah".

I'll probably be killed and eaten by a band of angry females for posting this. [:#]

Well wow, I had no idea that my post would become such a popular one. Off topic and yet somehow on topic haha.

Just incase you missed it, www.piczarphoto.com is where MY photos are and I try to update it at least a couple times a week, with some exception.

I've been busy doing the university politics thing. I was accepted into the photography course series BUT they ran out of seats. So this week has been a mission of trying to convince professors and advisors at different levels that I'm worth having as a fifth wheel.

Yesterday I got my permission number that allowed me to be OFFICIALLY in the course program. Hurray! Otherwise it would push me back another semester.

Great to see everyone's varying pictures, styles, techniques and skill sets/levels.

I'll go ahead and post one now, my first for this thread believe it or not.

2806999889_b67f9aef11.jpg

It's actually not a particularly special picture to me, I took it last night as this incredibly powerful storm approached my university. You can see the view here from my apartment, it's a pretty sweet location.

Here is the Jonny Lang shot I got the other night, featured on another thread. Oh and I do have quite a few that follow the rule of thirds but for the lighting effect I was going for, the halo, I really needed a centered shot and being crammed against hundred(s) of people in a street concert makes framing a good bit difficult haha. Fun still!

2804277869_4d271ebc4b_b.jpg

Steven is 1/2 of 'My Favorite Martian' LOL jk with ya Amy

Justin, thank you for your kind letter, always glad to help and pass on what other have passed to me.

Not every shot has to follow rule of 3rd's but many can be made more powerful compositions by using this tool. Remember that all rules were made to be broken, but know the rules first, then run roughshod over them like I do!

Michael

Nice picture Amy! Michael... have you ever thought of teaching photograpy to people, like a private tutor that would work one on one or with a small group? I think that you could really have fun with that and pull it off.

Justin, I love the one picture with the spider, awesome work!

Here's another one that I took, with my cheapish Canon at night, on macro. This fella was kind enough to not move, and supplimentary lighting is via my LED flashlight. ( 1 w Nichia chip )

post-9504-1381941072561_thumb.jpg

Very nice MH, see how the supplementary lighting coming ACROSS the subject shows the texture of his skin? You can only do that with a light source that's off the camera. Single flash on camera is the most damaging unflattering light a photographer can use. I cringe when I seen today's wedding 'photographers' running around with digital camera and flash on camera as their sole source of illumination. I'm known for lighting reception halls with 1-2-3 extra strobes to give deep lighting and special effects even for candid moments.

Photography = 'to paint with light' , that's what it's all about.

• 10 months later...

Thanks guys!

I spent the day at this incredible photography studio here in Houston. 14,000 square feet, three stages, two full sized commercial kitchens, a pool, a pond, an atrium, a vegetable and herb garden, fruit trees, and to top it off, a THX certified theater speaker system.

The whole outfit is worth around $10,000,000. Currently I'm about $9,997,000 short on starting my own! You can send donations to my PayPal, I'm sure we'd get there in NO time! LoL

Thanks for all the positive feedback, I'd love to see what other Klipsch photographers do, especially if you have a photoblog. Post a link?

:D

I shoot with a Nikon D700 and primarily with a Nikon 50mm f1.8. My secondary lens is a Nikon 24mm f2.8, thena Nikon 60mm f2.8 macro and finally a Nikon 70-200mm f2.8.

When I shoot film (which is pretty rare anymore), it's either these same lenses on a Nikon F3 or AF8008 or using a Mamiya 645 medium format.