Ebay buyer beware..Heresy

IndyKlipschFan

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1326896172

I looked at these without the Tweeter in the box, and noticed the drivers do not appear to be even Klipsch. The only thing that does seem to be origional is the Crossover, and who knows if that is correct, working, or Even one designed for the Heresy too.

The earlier ad said, " Appearantly Klipsh made them this way..." Yeah right, without a Tweeter ... Be careful out there. What you see is not what you get. Or in this case, what you see is definitely a reason NOT to get these. This is def NOT Klipsch. But a cheap copy.

Looking at the picture of the inside of the box, I would say it either was not built by Klipsch, or somebody improved it. It appears to be better built than those from Klipsch. This one has cleats where all the panels come together. All the Heresys I have had, manufactured from 1965 to 1984, only had cleats for the back panel. A Klipsch box will have the serial number stamped into the back edge of the top panel. Looks like one may be there, but hard to tell.

The seller admits there is no tweeter. "Looks to be factory made" tells me the seller does not know. All in all, if the components are what I guess them to be, I would say that the description is fair.

Maybe BobG or another moderator can answer: Did Klipsch ever build such a beast?

Well if I was early, my "intentions" were in the right place. While in college, a friend got a la scala that was not real. Nothing like spending your hard earned dollars and getting less than you thought.

I can't imagine a Heresy without a tweeter.... Like getting a car without and engine. But to each his own. I guess that is also why I came in this forum for the "Experts" to set the record straight.

Indy,

I don't question your intention, just your method. I think you were certainly right to question the validity of the listing. And I cannot think of a better place than this forum to do it. The speakers certainly looked strange to me the first time I looked. It was just the jump to the conclusion that the the speakers were fake that I found a bit precosious. Your post impuned the honesty of the seller before you had the facts, not a good thing to do. I know I would resent it if you did it to me.

In any case, we apparently learned something about yet another Klipsch product.

Now for the big question. Why on earth would someone pay $350 for these where Heresys of the same vintage, with tweeters, go for about the same price?