Dream system

bliss53

I admit than I am a gear head. I am always trying something new or old in my system. I like vintage gear and required tweaking it requires.

What is your dream 2 channel system? Include equipment have you have heard or wish you could try. Biuld a virtual system with any price under $100,000. Extra points for high quality lower cost systems. The catagories are preamp, amp, analog source, digital source, speakers, cables, and power supply.

I admit than I am a gear head. I am always trying something new or old in my system. I like vintage gear and required tweaking it requires.

What is your dream 2 channel system? Include equipment have you have heard or wish you could try. Biuld a virtual system with any price under $100,000. Extra points for high quality lower cost systems. The catagories are preamp, amp, analog source, digital source, speakers, cables, and power supply.

Preamp: Sunfire Tube Control Amplifier ($1500 used)

(added) I/Cs: White Zombie Zero Point Zero (XLR) (@ $500)

Amp: Sunfire 600x2 Signature (x2) ($1800 each used)

Analog Source: None

Digital Source: Oppo 983H Multidisk Player w/ DAC-1 ($400 + $1200)

Speakers: Carver Amazing Loudspeakers (Platinum Edition) ($2000 used)

JL Audio Gotham Subwoofer ($11,000 retail)

Cables: MIT Statement ($600 used)

Power Supply: ZeroSurge 2R20W (x2) ($200 retail each)

Total Cost: @ $21,200.00

Dream system

Klipschorn Jubilee speakers from a parallel universe where Klipsch actually produced a consumer version.

KAIS4.jpg

And a for spare system Tannoy Westminster

ZZZ-TANNOY-westcut.jpg

Canary Audio Reference One 80 WPC 300B Triode Power

Ref-One.jpg

ref002.jpgref003.jpg

George Wright Signature AG1000 Preamp

au-1000.front.gif

Hagtech Trumpet Phono Stage

largetrumpet.jpg

47 Labs Shigaraki Series CDP/Dac

pr4716.jpg

Michell Gyro SE MKII

jamichell_gyrose.jpg

Woops blew my budget : (

Give me a $100k and I can't help but spend it all!

McIntosh MC1.2kw power amp x 2=$22k

McIntosh C500 Preamp =$11k

McIntosh MCD500 SACD/CD =$6.5k

Rega P9 turntable =$5k

Dynavector 20x cartridge =$700

Nordost Heimdall sp. cables x 2 =$3k

Nordost interconnects x 2 =$2k

PS Audio Power Plant =$2.2k

and for speakers, well there was enough left for three pair...so...

Wilson Audio Watt Puppy 8 =$28k

Magnepan 3.6 =$5.2k

Klipsch 60th Anniversary K-horn =$14k

I like the idea of a musician or band however that is not a system per say!

DREAM SYSTEM

I would love 60th Anni K-Horns, BAT VK-55SE(Amp), BAT REX (Pre), BAT VK-D5SE(CDP), Wadia 170i-Pod Transport, dCS Paganini DAC, BAT VK-P10SE (Phono Pre), Simon Yorke series 9 (Table), 47Labs Miyabi (Cart), Synergistic Research Tesla Cables and Richard Gray Power products and a dedicated reinforced listening room[:D]

I think I could still afford to pull off a BBQ forum gathering to share the experience[;)]

Eric Clapton and his band, Steve Winwood, the Allman Brothers, Buddy Guy all ready to perform live at a moment notice.

Hmm... So I'd be on my couch and turn my head yell "Ok, I want Melissa!" Then half way through change my mind and say "No no no stop I want Jessica instead!" then when I get bored of the 6 minutes instrumental say "Alright, stop playing... Clapton- I want the White Room!"

That could get really expensive, fast....

You don't need to dream!

You can build it! At a 1/10 of the cost I am enjoying some of the finest sound in my 35 yrs of audio most of it DIYed I had the pleasure of listening to Palladiums recently they were very nice especially their mids and highs world class IMO. After spending some $1500 on my outboard crossover networks and the cost of the rest of my system under $4,000 it can and does compete with systems 10 X as much.

And I'm having a great time of it! If you care to look take a look at my networks and the people that have had a look at least!

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=159340

SET12