Audio shops in Frankfurt / Bad Homburg

TommyK

Greetings,

Had a friend from germany over last night and he was blown away by my Belles / MC 275/C2200 set up. Another tube/valve + Klipsch convert.

Can anyone recommend a shop in Frankfurt or Bad Homburg that carries tube gear or Klipsch?

Thanks und vielen dank!

TommyK

Is he active duty US Military? If so, there was an "Audio/Photo" club at Rhein Main AFB for a while. These were not part of the PX system, but were on the bases for US service members as a non-profit system. They specialized in the high end stuff. I'm not sure if they are around anymore.

For civilians... www.osirisaudio.de is an authoirzed Klipsch dealer. They are located in Leunen.

The only Klipsch I knew of while stationed in Ludwigsburg back in the early '80s was at the Robinson Barracks PX in Stuttgart, but Werner's business in Elze should be able to help since I believe he sells tube amplifiers as well. There was also a little mom 'n' pop outfit in downtown Ludwigsburg that sold old audio tube amps, along with vintage Grundig and Telefunken tube radios, but I wasn't into tube gear back then and never ventured inside the store...since I returned to the states in '86, I have no clue whether that shop's still in business.

To my knowledge there are no longer Audio/Photo clubs on the bases after some dialogue with some fellow enlisted buddies and AAFEs offers nothing but cheap stuff and crappy BOSE systems. The days of killer audio in the Military are long gone I'm afraid. I used to love going to the BX at Ramstein, AB and the Audio/Photo club on the base. If I could not find it there I ventured down to the Vogelweh PX and they had a ton of stuff. AAFES would have killer tent or truckoad sales every summer on killer gear. I went to Mainz-Kastel and they had three floors of gear and most of the manufacturer's represented. They had a record/CD store downstairs and even a closeout gear room. I bought my JBL B-380 subwoofer and BX-63A crossover at MK and crammed it into the front seat of a Mazda MX-3 to drive it back to Ramstein.

On my last day in country I wandered into the Rhein Main Audio/Photo club Wow! did they have some killer stuff in there. I ended up buying the Yamaha DSP-1 processor and the matching MX-35 to run with it. I came back stateside and purchased two pair of a/d/s L200E to use with the system.