Things to do in or around Chicago

whamo

I'll second Buddy Guy's Legends. I've played there many times both in my band or in the Monday night jam sessions. Celebrates that are in town often show up there. (I know, some of you have heard this before) One Friday we were playing there and Roger Waters & band showed up ~ signed my bass ~ invited the band & any guests to his concert the following night as his guests. Very cool. Also, if you're into "da blues" you might want to checkout Rosa's on the north side.

Daytime stuff ~ lots of stuff at Navy Pier. The Museum of Science & Industry is always lots of fun. The Planetarium & Shedd Aquairum. There's the Sear Tower and John Hancock building observation decks.

Just wanted to thank your son for his great service. I graduated Orlando NTC in Dec. 72 and things were alot different then, and we did not get too much respect. Chicago is a fun town with a great variety of things to do. I loved going up the skyscrapers when I was a young teen. Good suggestions from previous post. Salute!