Power Conditioners

bliss53

I borrowed an older Richard Gray 400 and a really like the sonic improvement. I must have a poor power source because the change was very noticeable. I have read some so-so reviews on this conditioner. Has anyone else tried this one and compared to other conditioners. I am wondering whether the improvement I hear is just the tip of the iceberg. Maybe some one can recommend some others that I should try as a comparison.

I went from a Monster 3500 to a PS Audio Premiere (1500 watt). I run my monoblocks directly into the wall. No big improvement but we have decent power here. About 117 volts in the summer and 123 in the winter. A friend has one and said that he noticed the difference when he removed his from his system. The Richard Grey stuff is very expensive, but probably worth it if you have bad power.

I wouldn't say the R.G. stuff is very expensive vs some of the other stuff I priced out there, not to mention does it work as advertised. The R.G. stuff works for real.

Jay

If I remember correctly, the RG setup was about $3000+ for everything. That's expensive for me, but yes, there is other equipment that is more expensive. The PS Audio was still quite a bit, it retails for about $2100.

I wouldn't say the R.G. stuff is very expensive vs some of the other stuff I priced out there, not to mention does it work as advertised. The R.G. stuff works for real.

Jay

If I remember correctly, the RG setup was about $3000+ for everything. That's expensive for me, but yes, there is other equipment that is more expensive. The PS Audio was still quite a bit, it retails for about $2100.

Tiger, I was only talking about the power conditioner, not the whole system.

Jay

I borrowed an older Richard Gray 400 and a really like the sonic improvement. I must have a poor power source because the change was very noticeable. I have read some so-so reviews on this conditioner. Has anyone else tried this one and compared to other conditioners. I am wondering whether the improvement I hear is just the tip of the iceberg. Maybe some one can recommend some others that I should try as a comparison.

All I can say about the RGPS400 is it made my BAT VK-200 sound like a 200Watter after putting it into the system[:o] I'm not sure what you got on your sonics Bliss but I was simply floored at the differnce when going through an RGPS400[;)] Mine is dedicated to just the amp as the rest is on a Belkin condy!