Hey why how can a dude run for two offices at once, seemes wrong to me. For example, like as a Senator for the state of Delaware and as a Vice President of the United States in the same term. Just choose one man.

Simple JB , job security . If the VP thing fell through at least he could fall back on his Senate job . In his case though it looks like his Senate seat will be open . Can't blame the man for covering his bases and heck he has held that seat for 35 years . Now that's top notch , dude ...

yup...why not run for everything then you are pretty much assured that you will get something...when you have nothing to lose the victory is less sweet...I don't believe they should be able to run for two offices...if you lose, you lose...

I'm content leaving it up to state law, which also contains succession provisions. Delaware chooses to allow him to run for both offices -- from Wikipedia:

2008 Senate candidacy

After ending his 2008 presidential bid in January, Biden focused instead on running for a seventh Senate term against Republican Christine O'Donnell. In late August 2008, he was picked by Obama to be his running mate. Biden nevertheless continued to run for Senate re-election as well as Vice President,as permitted by Delaware state law. On November 4, Biden was re-elected as senator, in addition to winning the vice presidency.

Having won both races, Biden will resign from the Senate before Inauguration Day – January 20, 2009, assuming he chooses to become Vice President.Delaware's Democratic governor, Ruth Ann Minner, or possibly her successor, will then appoint someone else to serve the first two years of his term. There has been speculation in the media as to who the appointee might be.

McCain's term ends in 2010.