Yes? Concert

bliss53

Steve got snippy at the crowd for applauding and yelling a few bars early from one of his acoustic number. He just put the guitar down, didn't finish, went on to another song.

He did the same thing in New Hampshire. It was a disappointment. I was looking forward hearing his acoustic stuff.

I can't find it now but Jon went on a big rant on his website (and/or was it Myspace?). It appears deleted now. But a chunk of it is reposted here. It made me sad.

He's been posting more positively of late and the fact that it seems he deleted his rant leads me to believe either it was settled a bit or he just tried to be the better man about it. ?? It sounds like he's recovering (hopefully). I understand he was clinically dead for a few.

You may have to copy/paste for some reason.......

http://idolator.com/5054159/jon-anderson-says-no-to-yes-new-lead-singer

I did see Steve on a solo, mostly acoustic tour the summer before last. It was held in a mid size bar venue that used to be a movie theater (the Vogue for Indy folks). Steve was a consumate showman, playing marvelously, telling stories, etc to a very polite appreciative audience. I likened it to what music experiences used to be like in the old 'music in the parlor' days when a quartet would show up at the house for afternoon tea or such.

I did see Steve on a solo, mostly acoustic tour the summer before last. It was held in a mid size bar venue that used to be a movie theater (the Vogue for Indy folks). Steve was a consumate showman, playing marvelously, telling stories, etc to a very polite appreciative audience. I likened it to what music experiences used to be like in the old 'music in the parlor' days when a quartet would show up at the house for afternoon tea or such.

That reminds me of a show I saw in Toronto years ago at the Rivoli, a small back-room venue for about 150 people, where Tom Robinson did a solo show, with lots of tales and jokes. He got the audience to sing along with some of his most popular songs and told us of some of the reactions when he played to very conservative audiences. He really entertained us, which is what it's all about.