OH NO, WAF!!!

tommyboy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, people who shop on base for audio stuff only really know about Bose. I honestly think that if it wasn't for military sales, Bose wouldn't have half the sales that it does. that's why SO many military members don't know any better, and I obviously can't convince them other wise. My boss bought his bose setup yesturday... Acoustimass something. Costed him over 2 grand! What a fool!!! [:'(] He asked if I would like to come over and hear it sometime, and I said ..... umm, I'm good, but thanks. Then, he asked if I would at least listen to make sure he hooked it all up correctly??? I asked him if he followed the instructions, and he said yes, so I told him Im sure it's all good then. he's only looking at the price he paid. His philosophy is that since he spent taht much money, it HAS to sound good.

Here is an idea... Take over one bookshelf speaker, hook it up into his system, and ask if it sounds better?

It should blow away the cubes...

Wouldn't it have sounded even more "better" all around too? LOL

If you could buy that top of the line system without the speakers...and use Klipsch, it might be pretty cool!

Man, my Promedia 4.1's where loudenough for the dorm room....nevermind ligthing up the entire floor which the girls side could even hear/feel.

Couple of weeks ago my cousin came over and was talking about how awesome his friends new top of the line Bose system was. I told him, bleh. Come listen to my little setup and tell me what you think. So I popped in the Transformers DVD on my 26" LCD connected to my Promedia 5.1 Ultra's. Were in a small room, and its like 6' from TV to couch. Well, after opening/attack on the base, I shut it off, and was like, so how would you compare my $400 speakers to your friends Bose? He didn't comment [:D]

What about a pair of K-horns and Belles jammed into a bedroom? The one wall has a few inches to spare... it's K-horn, Belle, Belle, K-horn. Oh and there's a queen sized bed in there as well.

[Y]

Substitute LaScala's for the Belles and stick a pair of Forte's on top of the K-horns for a little "in your face effect"... My wife's "wall of boudoir".... Does she listen to music in the MBR? Nooooo. Does she watch movies in there? Noooo... Ok, well sometimes, but only late in the evening when the kids are in bed, and at volume .0001. Well, what does she do with it? Soaps..... my friends.... Soap Operas. Just props her happy self up on the bed with her laptop in the morning, turns on the soaps and works from home a for a few hours... Repeats the process for an hour when she gets home... Soaps..... But she's happy....[H].

Remember the Golden WAF Rule... [;)]

If Mama ain't happy, then nobody's happy.

Man, my Promedia 4.1's where loudenough for the dorm room....nevermind ligthing up the entire floor which the girls side could even hear/feel.

When I go -20 on my denon reciever I get a aim computer text message from my friend 7 solid brick walls away saying, "are you blasting your music again?"

Once my R/A said go ahead blast it for an outside party the dorm was having. He started waving his hands to say it was too loud at -10. (I wear proper -20 earplugs whenever i go above 110 dbs)