trying to figure out which front speakers i need?

shortstack31489

Floorstanding wins hands down. Even though your room is small a floorstander will give you a much fuller sound even at lower volumes. If you ever move your stereo into a larger room a floorstanding speaker will do a much better job filling the room with sound. The Synergy F3 is the perfect match to your C3 center.

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Wuzzzer. Plus after you factor in the stands you are taking up about the same room that you would do if you had floorstanding speakers anyway.

After you get everything setup post some pictures, we always like to see pictures..... [Y]

James

There are a lot of choices, but if you want the best, most seamless blend of sound between your C3 and the front main speakers you buy, get either the F3 or the B3. In movies the sound pans back and forth between the left, center and right speakers and vice-versa. Your C3 is the top of the line Synergy center, no slouch by any means. Don't compromise on the speaker you match it to.

With my setup, the midrange horn and driver in my center speaker is identical to my front mains and the tweeters are virtually identical. Even though my center speaker is a different model than my front mains (main difference is woofer sizes) they blend together perfectly and with movies, music DVDs, etc I never notice a gap or change in the sound when dialogue or sound effects pan back and forth across the front speakers.

[8-|]

You'll eventually want Heritage speakers, so see if you have room for them. Then you'll see that the speakers you're looking at are not very big at all.

I have heard a pair of Belle's once - at low volume and sounded so sweet - I wish now I never heard them at all as now I want-ie.

hate to sound dumb here but what is WAF?

Wife Acceptance Factor. It's no joke. Many women don't like big boxes in their living rooms, so many speakers are now skinny and deep, so they don't look so bulky from the front. There's said to be an imaging improvement, but the "improved" look is likely to be just as important.

You'll eventually want Heritage speakers, so see if you have room for them. Then you'll see that the speakers you're looking at are not very big at all.

I have heard a pair of Belle's once - at low volume and sounded so sweet - I wish now I never heard them at all as now I want-ie.

If you want-ie, you must get-ie! Find the room and be patient and you'll find a pair, or a pair of La Scalas (they're not quite as pretty, but certainly sound as good) at a price you can work with. Hopefully within your own time zone, or at least your own country...

Yes, many good audio soldiers lose battles to the WAF everyday! I got lucky, and already had some big speakers when she moved in with me. She was a little shocked that I had crammed 9 speakers into a 17*15 room. She said that my living room was all speakers..... So I won my WAF battle...... Can I get a moment of silence for those who lost theirs???[:|]

Here is how to win the WAF battle.

Get the biggest speakers you can found, let her scream for awhile then show her what you want.

She will will think you are a greatest guy because you agreed to compromise with her. You get the brownie points and you still get what you want.

My RF 83 did not seem that big next to the K-horns and not as expensive either [:^)]

It is all about perception. [;)]