Flevoman

Regulars
1 Follower

Profile Information

• My System
    La Scala AL-5, Cambridge cxn v2, tube amps

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Flevoman's Achievements

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran (4/9)

1. @tube fanaticThis link was familiar to me, but thanks for sharing it.
  2. A while ago, I was able to acquire a 45 SET from someone. To be precise, it's the Welbourne DRD45, but I never really gave it a fair chance. I quickly went back to my DIY 300B SET or my Melody 2A3 PP. However, for the past two weeks, I've reconnected the 45 SET to my AL5, and I'm genuinely amazed by how good it sounds. Maybe everything is falling into place now that I've also addressed my room acoustics, I have no idea... but what an incredible match with the speakers this is. The sound is very realistic, the imaging is excellent, it sounds open and fresh, dynamic with more detail, and especially the vocals have gained a kind of magical realistic glow. This is the best amp for me so far, and it makes me want more. I read that many people who appreciate the 45 tube find the 46 to sound even better than the 45. Are there any Klipsch enthusiasts who have experience with the 45 vs. 46 SET? And is it true that you can use the 46 tube in a 45 SET with an adapter?
  3. Can it get any better? Amazing speakers placed in an amazing audio space. Very impressive photos. Would love to spend an evening playing my favorite songs on this setup.
  4. Come on Klipsch, don't keep us waiting any longer. Give us a guideline of when all this goodness will be available. 😇
  5. I'm curious about so much that's coming up. I can't wait until some more official information about the new subs and La Scala upgrade finally comes out.
  6. This is exactly my experience with more expensive "better" DACs as well. I couldn't hear any difference myself, no matter how much I wanted to hear it.
  7. But why would you need to saw the La Scala in half? You just need to remove the bottom and then place that base with bass ports on the bottom, right? As I understand it, this is a mod that can easily be reversed.
  8. That's definitely true. And I'm also eagerly waiting for them to be released. But we have no idea what the asking price will be. And the expectations are that they won't be particularly cheap 😏. Perhaps for some, this port mod could then be a good alternative.
  9. Am I the only one who finds the explanation above insanely interesting but really doesn't understand a thing about it? 😅
  10. @MmurgDe foto's zien er veelbelovend uit. Ik ben erg benieuwd naar de ervaringen met de Heritage sub en alle details over de LaScala. Ik ben erg geïnteresseerd in beide.
  11. I don't know if my experience is the right one to use, but I still want to share it. I own the AL5 myself and, like you, was hesitant about acquiring someone else's AK6. I went to listen to his speakers twice, and both times I had the same experience. I found the AK6 to have a much tamer, maybe even somewhat dull, sound. The AL5, as it sounds in my home, has much more dynamics and punch. Also, I found the placement at my home better than at his. I'm not sure if this is due to the speakers, the setup, or the acoustics, but this is what I noticed. The bass went a little deeper, but I didn't find the difference, with the tracks I listened to, noticeably large. If I had to describe it briefly, I would say the AL5 (as I know it) is dynamic and lively, while the AK6 (as it sounded there) is more laid-back and grander. Note: he had his Khorns placed against the long wall, not in the corners. And this person likes a laid-back sound. It is likely that he has tailored his setup to this preference. I personally prefer a dynamic and lively sound. By the way, this person is in a position to listen to different Khorns daily, which are placed well in the corners, and according to him, the audible difference between the set tightly placed in the corners and his set is minimal.