NO COMPROMISING!

Danely15

Reminds me of the movie "The War of the Roses" when Oliver Rose (played by Michael Douglas) asks his wife: "What the hell is wrong with you?" and Gavin (Oliver's friend and lawyer) explains, "If a man has been with a woman for any length of time, he will eventually ask her that question. If she doesn't answer, that's trouble. And when trouble begins, it comes at you from directions you'd never expect."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some friends were over tonight and this one guy is talking about family life. He's trying to explain that sometimes he wants to do what HE wants to do, not the wife, not the kids. He wonders what it would be like to have three days where he could watch what he wanted, do what he wanted, eat what he wanted.

I told him 'you'd be ME', be careful what you wish for!

M

I told him 'you'd be ME', be careful what you wish for!

lol, I'm not sure if there are enough Klipsch speakers to support two of you [;)]

This kinda sounds like the case where the Blondes want to be Brunnette and the Brunnettes want to be Blonde...the grass ain't always greener on the other side.

This kinda sounds like the case where the Blondes want to be Brunnette and the Brunnettes want to be Blonde...the grass ain't always greener on the other side.

hmmm... finding the happy medium now that is the real trick... we always want want we dont have, therefore does that mean we have what we dont want.

I am so digging the new twin avatars of Jake and Elwood. Now there's some Forum brotherhood!

And we're working on the "Art of Compromise"... Currently we are studying this passage to determine the best method for folks to be able to calm down the WAF/ SWMBO in the event they forget a very important date with destiny because they went to pick up their Klipschorns.....

Mystery Woman:You contemptible pig! I remained celibate for you. I stood at the back of a cathedral, waiting, in celibacy, for you, with three hundred friends and relatives in attendance. My uncle hired the best Romanian caterers in the state. To obtain the seven limousines for the wedding party, my father used up his last favor with Mad Pete Trullo. So for me, for my mother, my grandmother, my father, my uncle, and for the common good, I must now kill you, and your brother.
[Jake falls to his knees]
Jake: Oh, please, don't kill us. Please, please don't kill us. You know I love you baby. I wouldn't leave ya. It wasn't my fault.
Mystery Woman: You miserable slug! You think you can talk your way out of this? You betrayed me.
Jake: No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD.