Apologies to Bob Crites

ClaudeJ1

Claude, I bet you got some leg that night fer sure! [Y]

I think it was I who recently attributed the Cornscala to Bob. The first I read about it was here under the 'lets' build a woofer test box' which I thought was the first development of Cornwall + LaScala. My apologies your Frenchness.

M

You guys are pretty funny with some of your comments! Being only 29 there is a lot of stuff that went down in the 70's that Im clueless about. Its great to see pics and learn more about what was probably a good time period.

Yeah those were the days, we only had to worry about Vietnam, commies, the BOMB, and sorting seeds out of our cheap grass.

You kids today have HIV, global warming, and economic meltdown.

I long for the good old days.

You guys are pretty funny with some of your comments! Being only 29 there is a lot of stuff that went down in the 70's that Im clueless about. Its great to see pics and learn more about what was probably a good time period.

Yeah those were the days, we only had to worry about Vietnam, commies, the BOMB, and sorting seeds out of our cheap grass.

It's because people were only worrying about Vietnam, commies, the Bomb and sorting seeds from cheap grass that today we now have, global warming and an economic meltdown. I long for a better future. [:)]

Oh, I didn't realize it was you Claude. I've already established that you're completely insane. I'm getting there.

Insane because of my Avatar? It's actually my left channel only. Man that twin "stack" is one amazing sound, much better than my old corner horns since I'm using all 4 horns in their flat range, no EQ and only first order network. Plus the voice coild are aligned, so I get great ambience and depth. All horns, no direct radiators for music.

Ah, the dynamics I get for a about 100 milliwatts (efficiency at 109 db/watt @ a meter).

Good point!

It's because people were only worrying about Vietnam, commies, the Bomb and sorting seeds from cheap grass that today we now have, global warming and an economic meltdown. I long for a better future. Smile

This last summer, I took a split la scala top on top of a Cornwall and plugged in the woofer from the cornwall below it to the La Scala cross over.

To be honest it did not sound good...not enough UMPH at all to keep up with the top end.

I thought it might be a great match, the lows of the Cornwall and the mids highs of the La Scala... it wasn't.

I was told I should of used the lower x over of the Cornwall to the cornwall woofer... My Mistake. maybe next summer I will attempt again.

Bottom line is the speakers as they are, are pretty good...Different yes...

And Subs with la Scalas... Like Trey... My favorite. Throw anything at this combo.... Music or HT wise...= Home Run.

As long as were showing older DJ type pics...hehehehe Here is mine too. This gave me a chance to see and hear the difference between Cornwalls, Heresies, and La Scalas to play and sing through.

best full range speaker for music... Cornwall (had better lows..)

best to sing through Heresies or La Scalas..... La Scalas get the nod, but sort of a waste for just vocals....Unless you have a extra pair?? hehehehe[:D] The Cornwalls are a little muddy. bass heavy.

best to do both... La Scalas...Add subs for music content.. Hands down, La Scala's. It is like your in a recording room studio singing back at yourself. Just breathtaking and crystal clear.

post-5910-1381942842689_thumb.jpg

I agree claude./..

Michael... Still have the stop light..

I really need someone to just do some things with me.. (Not that I can't do it by myself..) but 2 heads always better than one.

1) lighting sytem

2) Effects to vocals play with and get a 2nd opinion..

3) Karaoke re do... I am getting a lap top for x mas...

4) Set up recording process so others can hear n sing too.. Take home a cd of themselves...

5) Build a false back on a "project speaker" I have.,..

I am sure the list goes on... LOL it is never 100% done... hahahahahaha