Any Porsche people out there?????

winchester21

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

86 944S Was a great car and BEAUTIFUL, not quick but fast (147mph). I took it to Manhattan KS to see my brother one weekend. On the way to his house I found a sweet long sweeping turn and went for it (no where near 147), felt like it was on rails. Well....later on when driving around with my brother we came upon that same sweeper. I went into it, not as aggressive, but enough to "feel" it. After all his stories of the Autobahn and going fast when he was stationed in German, He screamed "lookout!!" I lifted off the throttle (wrong move) and on came the lose rearend. Fishtailed 3 times, broke tire bead then rim and on our top we go. We slid upside down and backwards for about 100ft and ended up in a ditch on what was left of the tires. I can still remember the road sliding by and seeing sparks out the windshield. We both walked away with nothing more then sealbelt bruises and glass in our hair. Car was trashed needless to say. OH, And there was nothing there for him to scream "look out" for. I still wake up once in awhile with that in my head.

Wow... Also why I would never do that today.....

Scares me to think I drove to 158, but glad to do it and live to tell about it.

Anything like that happen to me...what you went through.. Never again.

My wife's OBGYN (my Porsche driving instructor) drove for a PORSCHE team in a 24 Daytona cup race as one of 4 drivers. This was just days before our son was born. I stayed up watching it on ESPN or the Speed Channel, I forget. They said during the late am in the last few hours, our doctor was driving with the left front suspension cracked and broken, but still drove the car.

He said I was crying and praying just holding on till the finish of his shift. He said. "I just prayed to GOD if he just let me finish, I would quit racing." He did! I was scared to wake my wife at 4 am I was really nervous for him and the team. I knew one of the other drivers too... Racing is scary enough at high speeds, but in a broken car, very very scary! They finished the 27th.

http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/2004/Daytona-2004-02-01-082.jpg

Photo by: Mark Windecker

82 82 - Porsche 996 GT3 Cup #WPOZZZ99Z1S698055 - dds Racing Porsche 996 GT3 Cup #WPOZZZ99Z1S698055 - Porsche F6 4v DOHC 3600 cc N/A SGS
dds Racing (USA) Closed bodywork
Rear-engined
Driven by: Steven Lynn (USA)/Jack Henricks (USA)/Jim Brillhart (USA)/Terry Heath (USA) Result: 27th (65 laps behind the winner)
Grid: 51st (2:00.810) - 49th fastest qualifier
Sponsors: EURO MOTORWORKS Colours: white (+violet/black)
Tyres: Hoosier