Construction question (deck) any builders or architects here?

Coytee

but what does the side of the face with the ear represent????

Read under my name (profile)... it says "Dont hate me just because I've seen Amy's ear lobes..." I'll let you speculate beyond that [*-)] Regarding Chloe (dog with glasses), let's see what you think about SUGARLIPS!! (Hattie)

post-15072-13819456279494_thumb.jpg

Is that opening going to be stairs ?

No. it's now full of wood like the other sections. The stairs were originally going to go on the right side (as you see picture). That meant it would have looked like it was just hung off the side and into the driveway. I could not get past that driveway intrusion... Wife looked at moving it to the far far left side but then didn't think people would think to use it...

Finally I simply nixed the steps. I figure we can always add them once we get some real life useage patters out of this. Otherwise, I'm happy as is. Frankly, I think I prefer people needing to knock at what is the downstairs door rather than being able to get upstairs like that. You've not been here but I live wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out in the boonies and from time to time, we get some neferious people out this way...sometimes knocking at our door too.

Heck... go look in a mirror...you'll get an idea real quick as to the spooky type of folks I'm talking about!! [:P] [;)]

• 1 month later...

For kicks here's an update on the house.

They finally cut through the interior logs today, bringing the new room "inside". The basement room is still concrete floor and block walls so no pictures of that yet.

They cut the walls, put the floor down... the end might not be in sight but it's closer than it was before.

This is looking in from one of the two entry points.

post-15072-13819466096574_thumb.jpg

Presuming the wife lets me USE this room as I sit down to eat my daily allowence of toufu... this will show one of the reasons we did this. Originally, we didn't really have any view out into the farm on this specific side of the house. The kitchen wall blocked this angle.

Today... I can spy on people mooching on the grapes and the blueberries!

post-15072-13819466102948_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...