Klipsch THX ultra 2 or RF 83 system

viggnesh

ihave used quite a few subs and this pair gives me more than the wow feel...a few things to keep in mind....

the sub preout from the preamp/receiver is very important..and am sure either the emotiva or the marantz THX av 8003 will suffice..

trust me..not heard a better sub at this price

so -- my AVR could be the issue? A new processor could give me better bass? I thought the bass was driven by the KA-1000 amp...

Tell us the size/volume of your room. The most common causes of "lack of LF wow" are not enough LF energy from subs, phase issues between subs (impossible with your subs), and improper bass management/room correction.

yes it could be..cause the ultra 2 subs, when connected to a receiver depends a lot on theouput signal of the receiver..that is, the volt of the sub pre out..tha amps just drives the sub..but to amplify the freqs it receives to the best manner, the input signal strength is very crucial...

hope this helps..cheers

ihave used quite a few subs and this pair gives me more than the wow feel...a few things to keep in mind....

the sub preout from the preamp/receiver is very important..and am sure either the emotiva or the marantz THX av 8003 will suffice..

trust me..not heard a better sub at this price

so -- my AVR could be the issue? A new processor could give me better bass? I thought the bass was driven by the KA-1000 amp...

Tell us the size/volume of your room. The most common causes of "lack of LF wow" are not enough LF energy from subs, phase issues between subs (impossible with your subs), and improper bass management/room correction.

My room size is similar to the other poster -- 16' x 22'. My TV is in the middle of the 16' wall pointing to the couch and then the subs are on opposite ends of the same 16' wall facing forward. I learned in another thread to move the subs together (haven't done this yet).

Presuming you have a 9' ceiling or so you should be able to have tons of LF wow. That is almost exactly the dimensions of a dedicated theater that I designed and executed with all Klipsch THX U2. Put the two subs together in a corner, make sure you're not seated in the middle of the length and width of the room (sit about 40% from the front or back wall and one seat off center to the left or right), and use MultEQxt or MultEQxt32 for room correction. You will have about all the wow you can hope for. Let us know how it goes.

not sure if this helps, but when i plugged my ka-1000 amp directly into the wall outlet (as compared to a power strip) the bass from the kw's doubled. not sure why, but it sure did. also when the "boundry gain compensation" is off they hit harder. hope this helps. i have my subs about 10ft apart and they pound.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Klipsch Employees

Try turning off the THX setting on the KA-1000 amp....it changes the input requirement to get max out of the amp.

Non THX mode - 750mV In = 67V out

THX mode - 3 V in = 67 V out

You don't get more only get it with a lower volume setting.

• Like 1