Need second-hand ALK crossovers!

Shock-Late

hey guys,

well, as I'm not able to buy a new pair of ALk crossovers for my old scalas directly from Al, because I don't have enough money (and I probably never will have enough, not to say that ALK x-overs are too expensive, they're not to be sure, but they're way out of my budget, wich is a student budget)...

So if any of you guys has a spare set of ALK x-overs you wanna get rid off, just tell me, please!!

I know there won't be many answers, so if someone wanna get rid of his "last generation" klipsch original x-overs, it would be cool too, as i'm sure it would still sound better than my current AA's that are just too old...

Thanks! ;-)

Frans

You might check with Ray Garrison. He had a pair in his LaScalas which he was having to sell ... don't know if they're gone yet, but he had the old stock networks still which he could put back in to sell, and sell the ALK's to you for a reasonable price.

Just find one of his posts and email him directly.

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

Being new to the forum I am not familiar with ALK crossovers. I have searched the Internet and can not find info on ALK. From this thread, it appears somebody named Al is the one to contact. Can somebody please send me some contact info?

Much appreciated.

JM

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Frans:

I would sell you a pair of primo ALK networks, however they have a pair of LaScalas hooked up to them.

I realize that the networks aren't cheap and that as a student, funds are tight. But, if you want them badly enough, you'll find a way.

Deliver pizzas on weekends, sack groceries, get a second job, put your loose change in a jar every night, quit drinking soft drinks, cut back on the smokes, drink one less beer, lay off the candy, etc. You get the picture. You'll be able to get the crossovers sooner than you think.

Dave

This message has been edited by Dave in Nashville on 03-19-2002 at 10:31 PM

Check out Al's site and download the instructions and parts list. Than buy the parts you need a little at a time until you have everything you need to build them. If it's worthwhile you'll find a way as previously posted. If you run into a problem there are plenty of people on this board who are gracious enough to share their experience with building them.