I bought Belles in Walnut, am I supposed to "oil" the wood???

pjpmd

Beautiful Belle's Pete! Congrats and I'm sure you are going to love them. I don't have much experience here other than to say that I put lemon oil on my walnut kg4's once a year or so and they look as good as the day I unwrapped them 20 years ago. There are many experienced wood workers here that may be able to offer better advice. I stay away from Pledge or any product that sprays from a can. I use Old English Lemon Oil. Enjoy your new speakers.

Yep, the veneer looks pretty dry. They're WO (walnut oil), not lacquer, so oil away. I have lacquer, so I don't know much about oiling Klipsch speakers. I do use Formby's lemon oil and like what it does to lacquer. BLO is supposed to be just the ticket too.

An expert furniture restorer said to stay away from silicon oil, and I think wax is a no-no as well.

VERY nice!

On all of the Heresy's I've redone for folks, I've always used Old English Lemon or Almond Oil (dependent on the veneer species) as the final coating. Every once in a while I'll use 1 part BLO + 3 parts mineral spirits, or Watco Danish, but only if the woner wants the BLO for more of a "sheen". BLO fills the pores, but is a "gummy" substance. Some folks like tung oil, but it's very labor intensive to do it right.