Klipsch RC-64 - Damage picture page 3

KlipschHead281

Well, it left the FedEx facility at 6:14am this morning and got here just now at 7:23pm, so it's frozen solid! I open the door to a massive box, I mean, MASSIVE! So I open the first box and find a much smaller (Thank God!) box within, the center channel is heavy as hell, it weighs more than my KG 5.2's which are no light weights themselves.

I have it in the living room adjusting to the temp, it's still ice cold so it will take awhile! So far all I can say is WOW and I haven't even heard it yet! The wife is put off by it, she wants me to return it because of its size, I point out the 5.2's and she just looks at me... women...[:S]

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's a bummer alright, and to top it off my wife says "oh, look at this monster, guess what you're not keeping!" Uh, ok then, I have 2 KG 5.2's and now she complains about a big speaker, hell I put it in the home theater and it darn near match's the KG's in look! BUT, it does have to be returned for replacement, I'll fight the keeping it battle when the replacement shows up, married guys know what this is like.

I am eyeing a KV-4 to better match the KG's just in case I lose this but it's a beast as well, she doesn't care how big the sub is, right now I have a KSW 300 in here, it's friggin huge, but suddenly this speaker is too much, ack!!

I'm going to take the KSF C5 upstairs now, since shes already pissed might as well top it off...

I'm very blessed. My wife doesn't care what I do in the theater room. I can put whatever I want in there, she's just grateful that it's not all in the living room. Wink It's a good thing too cause all of my speakers are huge.

Honestly, this is the first time she has gotten upset over speaker size, and I mean she got upset. Try to figure them out, when I replace the KSF 10.5's with the KG 5.2's I figured she would say something, she just said wow, those things are bigger than the others, but no complaints, not even inferred by hints.

I put this one in which in my view makes everything match and bada bing bada boom, she has a melt down. I bring the C5 upstairs she doesn't even notice and it almost blocks out the bottom of the screen on this cabinet! Oh well...

Sorry to hear about the damaged speaker. I know 2 or 3 people that ordered stuff online this year that had to returned due to shipping damage. I know I ordered a book and when it showed up the package had been cut up the front and so had the book.

Now on to speaker size. My wife likes the bookshelf speakers I have and she knows some day I will move up to floorstanders when we have the room. I was shocked that she didn't say a word when the SVS sub showed up at the house. It was double boxed and took up the entire back area of her Blazer and took two people to bring it inside. Of course it was double boxed. The only things she asks is that I don't turn the system up to reference level because the bass is too much for her and it scares the cats and dog. She's going on a trip this weekend all I can say is

Sorry to hear about the damaged speaker. I know 2 or 3 people that ordered stuff online this year that had to returned due to shipping damage. I know I ordered a book and when it showed up the package had been cut up the front and so had the book.

Now on to speaker size. My wife likes the bookshelf speakers I have and she knows some day I will move up to floorstanders when we have the room. I was shocked that she didn't say a word when the SVS sub showed up at the house. It was double boxed and took up the entire back area of her Blazer and took two people to bring it inside. Of course it was double boxed. The only things she asks is that I don't turn the system up to reference level because the bass is too much for her and it scares the cats and dog. She's going on a trip this weekend all I can say is Beer

Oh yeah, I hear ya! My wife now prefers the reference level, finally after 10 years! But music has to wait until she is gone from the house to really enjoy it, she hates it any louder than conversation level so when she is gone for more than a few hours I stretch the systems legs and remind the neighbors how poor their Bose set up really is. [6]

I emailed Vanns last night expecting a response in the mentioned 48 hours. They called me this morning and offered to have it picked up for a return or replacement. I explained the damage and offered pictures and they said not to worry, they believe me, they then made me an offer I couldn't refuse so I think I'm going to keep the speaker (as long as I can keep the warranty) and order a new grill from Klipsch for $30.00.

I also called Klipsch to get the grill price and found their customer support and technical support is outstanding! I mean these people take the time to listen and offer opinions and help. Very refreshing I must say, very impressed with both Vanns and Klipsch. I'll be buying form Vanns again very very soon.

I'm very blessed. My wife doesn't care what I do in the theater room. I can put whatever I want in there, she's just grateful that it's not all in the living room. Wink It's a good thing too cause all of my speakers are huge.

We don't have one yet, but that's how I talked her into letting me someday have a dedicated room. I simply told her she can do whatever she wants in the living room then!

sorry to hear about your speaker man. That sux!

We don't have one yet, but that's how I talked her into letting me someday have a dedicated room. I simply told her she can do whatever she wants in the living room then!

sorry to hear about your speaker man. That sux!

Well, now she seems to be ok with it... someday I'll write a book on the female gender, it won't make any sense to anyone but married guys I'm sure..

I have it plugged in, for right now, not hearing a big benfefit over the C5, we'll see how it does after I run it all day. Re-running the setup on my Marantz now for this speaker and then watching "Mirrors", will report back later.

Hi, New here, just curious to where you purchased rc64 at? I'm about to purchase rf82-rc62-rs42 rw-12d from an online dealer(authorized) And I'm kinda nervous about it.. 20% off msrp. shipping included no tax..

I bought it from Vanns and I have to say they have excellent customer service and the damage in shipping wasn't their fault. It came double boxed, to me it looks like damage from the factory since the Klipsch box itself looked fine considering. Vanns sure came through with options and friendly people who want to help. The one I bought was on sale for $599.85 but is sold out now, so only the black one is available at full price. Good luck!

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/548899037/klipsch-rc64-black-center-speaker

• Moderators

Nah, I really want it but right now I'm saving up for my projector. The RC-7 is a fantastic speaker. It's more of a desire to match it to my RF-83's than it is sonically. It's a fabulous speaker. After the projector is purchased in February, my next buy will be an Emotiva amp, then RS-52 or RS-62's for side surrounds and THEN I'll buy the almighty RC-64 and sell my RC-7. Hopefully, there will be some of them still around that are new. I really would prefer cherry, but since it will be behind a front wall and above my projection screen, no one will really ever see it so color wouldn't really matter at that point. Then I'll have a complete RF-83 system.

I wan't planning on buying it either, just watching and waiting. I just went for the emotiva amp (xpa-5) because of the sale, next is the 64 for me and then the surrounds. But I need to wait for a while before my next purchase or I'll find myself sleeping outside... Last will be an epik sub. =D