Found my Answer.......Beware.

Bill H.

Would anyone here buy a TV from a store that's closing?.................

Nope, if you have any problems you have to deal with the manufacture. That means boxing back up and shipping, as oppose to butting in the car and taking it down the street.

Plus I was reading that it might not really be a huge discount off of the items. Remember the mark up right before the sale starts.

James

Wife and I went to Dayton Ohio last weekend to buy something.

While looking around, they had a clearance sale going on. I looked at an item, it had a clearance tag on it... $30.00... I flipped it over and looked at the NORMAL price... $30.00. True story.

[N]

Wife and I went to Dayton Ohio last weekend to buy something.

While looking around, they had a clearance sale going on. I looked at an item, it had a clearance tag on it... $30.00... I flipped it over and looked at the NORMAL price... $30.00. True story.

No

perhaps discounts were being taken at the register

The liquidating works like this. Liquidating operations bid on all remaining inventory & fixtures. It's then up to them to make as much profit as possible on these items. Since they have no need to foster customer loyalty or maintain good business practices they can play every game in the book (mark-up to mark-down and the like). They already have deals in place with companies that buy distressed inventory (ends up at Tuesday Morning and similar places) so the liquidator already has an "out" as it were.

Basically,

I found that article and it clearly shows that

1. There really aren't any "Discounts", it just isn't worth the hassle............

2. Plus it shows.......what are you going to do if something breaks..............
it is almost like the "Grey Area" shops.