How much for entire lot?

Coytee

I'm curious as to what some thoughts might be on buying this entire lot from an estate. From left to right you have:

Khorns: date unknown, AA's I think, bought unfinished and recently finished. Original networks

Front floor: (not necessarily in spefic order since it's hard to tell items)

Phillips CDR 775 cd recorder

McIntosh C-24 with small chip in glass and some bubbles in small area

Sony SCD C555ES 5 cd changer

Denon DC 610 Cd player

Thorens TD 121, arm is NOT attached

Thorens TD 124 arm not attached and has second wood arm laying to the left of it The chassis of the TT's seem to be in nice shapre but the wood boxes have some nicks.

Tivoli CD player with maybe 20 LP's behind it (jazz/classical I think)

Back row from left:

Yamaha PX2 turntable with a wooden Grado cartridge on it (no idea yet of which Grado but I think it's a MC variety since he has the Pro-Ject Tube amp)

Viva 300B amp

Esoteric SACD SA-10 cd player

Project Tube Box II on top of the Esoteric player

Klipsch sub 10

PB amp "briefcase"

Badcat Amp, "Mini Cat II"

Duevel Planet speakers (blue)

Far right is a fretless bass guitar with Bartolini pickup(s?)

Hidden UNDER the table and behind the turntables are:

Artemis Labs LA-1 preamp

Pair of Quad KT-66 amps (I don't think I saw a scratch on them)

Back to the left side on TOP of the left Khorn is a box for a matched quad (4) Western Electric 300B tubes that are currently sitting inside the Viva 300B amp.

Inside the box for the W.E. tubes, are some Electro Harminix 300B's that came with the amp. He put them there for safe keeping and was using the WE's.

The W.E. 300B box has individual boxes inside it for the tubes and each one has a printout for it.

Note: Any of this stuff that was "new", and little of it is.... is probably no more than 4 months old. The stuff that is old/used is in decent shape and probably had been gone over by Dewick (like the McIntosh).

I'll attach another picture showing the LaScalas that are included, but in another room.

I'm just curious from you guys who buy whole packages, what you might offer on this. This is a local estate and I might meet up with the gal as soon as tomorrow or maybe next week. She wants to get rid of all of it and will entertain an offer for the whole lot.

If you prefer, this can be discussed via PM's if you want to keep your thoughts private. I will add, this is NOT a solicitation to sell anything as I myself have an eye on several items....actually, more than several!!

I am also already talking to someone local about buying the Khorns & LaScalas if I get them since those things are huge.

post-15072-1381943774428_thumb.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the LaScalas. They have handles AND a 100% enclosed back. They too, have original crossovers in them but I could not see what version. They sound great but they were a bit more clear sounding when I temporarily put in my Klappenberger ES networks.

I wonder which woofer they have?

post-15072-1381943774568_thumb.jpg

15 to 20 cents on the used price dollar . A used price dollar is what the thing can be sold for. Folks that buy lots are in it to make money. If they can't double or tripple their money....it's not worth their time.